Chapter 25

Chapter 25: The sixth child

      " Some people believe that the lucky number is 9. Nine sequences to the paths of the divine. Fitting isn't? "

This isn't a dream but a memory.

" Some people say that it is seven. The equivalent of 7 orthodox churches... "

It wasn't a memory of his past life. But of current. It just happened not a long time ago.

" Seven... just like your birth number. Among us, you are the seventh child. "

" Brother? "

Yareth was clueless about the events that would happen.

" Who would never think that mother and father would believe in such beliefs despite clearly saying to us to don't hold any faith towards the Orthodox Churches? They never taught us to be religious. "

Yareth's brother slowly minimizes the distance between them. Yareth instead of feeling happiness or relief that one of his older siblings is talking to him other than the crown prince was feeling dread and fear.

" ..Brother?... "

Why is his brother was looking at him with anger?

" At sequence 7 and below, a child between two Beyonders wouldn't inherit any Beyonder characteristics...."

Yareth stepped back from his older brother fearfully.

" In sequence 6 and 5, Beyonder parents would naturally pass down a portion towards their child yet it would never affect the parent's strength. The child would be born with the Beyonder powers of its parents, but as a result of that, their Pathway is fixed...."

As Yareth continued stepping back, he found himself slipping on the floor frontward. He found himself groaning in pain while laying on the floor. Why did he suddenly slip all of sudden? It was unfair. Yareth thought inside his mind. But he doesn't let himself cry because of the pain. Mother wouldn't like it if he cried. He was a prince. Mother wouldn't happy if he sullied their image. A son of a king and queen should be dignified. They shouldn't be pathetic like him. Yareth raise his head from the floor and found his older brother looking at him coldly.

" As for high sequence parents, they can control the Beyonder characteristics that their child would inherit. They can decide at what sequence would they want their child to become a Beyonder.  Our parents decided for me to become ordinary with no Beyonder characteristics inherited from them. "

Yareth tried to get up from the floor. Suddenly, he cried out in pain as he found one of his hands being stepped by his older brother.

" As for you, since you are the lucky child, you are destined to become a sequence 5 from the moment that you are born... "

" Brother... it hurts.. please.. "

" Our parents planned carefully and with every care before the moment you are born. But then, all of the Beyonder characteristics have been all for nothing the moment that you are born. You destroyed their plans and aspirations. Everything is perfect with the exception that you are born ordinary. You have nearly caused our parents to lose control of themselves and fight each other. "

Yareth can feel tears slipping out of his eyes.

" If it was supposed to be me... I wouldn't become a disappointment like you. "

Yareth groaned more in pain as he felt the boot stumping more on his hand.

" Brother... "