Chapter 14

Chapter 14: The Minder Owls

    SID, also known as Special Investigation Department. It was a 5 decades-old organization. A century-old business organization. It was known and famous in the Lenburg Capital. With many loyal clients over a long time since its establishment, the business reputation is unprecedented. Other than that, it has also other branches into the other cities of Lenburg.

Just like what has their name implied. They specialize in Investigation. Finding things, analyzing situations, investigations of a crime scene–  As long as it was listed in their job description. Any member of the group would accept the job.

They are known to be in cooperation with the Church of the God of Knowledge and the Police forces in the Lenburg Capital. In truth, the Special Investigation Department is just the front cover. The real identity of the department is a special division under the Church of God and Knowledge. Its true name is the Minder Owls.

A special forces division of the Church of the God of Knowledge and Wisdom. Responsible for investigating and solving many supernatural matters of the faithful believers of the church.

At the Lenburg Capital, the Leader of the Minder Owl was a man named Victor Farrows. He was a Polymath. Sequence 6 of the White Tower Pathway.

Currently, he was reclining in a soft and comfortable chair while reading a book. On his front was a table. There was a cup of tea and a basket of cookies placed on the table. He looks engrossed in his reading and relaxed. The opposite of the other people who were currently in their agency.

" Captain! " Miriam one of the members of the Minder Owls called out nervously. She glances at her captain who doesn't even feel worried or anxious. She can feel herself growing annoyed or irritated with her Captain's attitude.

At this time, they were informed by their captain that a Beyonder from Enlightened Ones will be coming to their Department. They don't know what was the purpose of the higher-ups is. But they were informed by their captain that it was important. It was a very rare occurrence when someone from the higher-ups has told them that his business with them was very important.

And now, their captain who relayed the message was relaxing as if nothing important has happened. Shouldn't he give importance to that matter? He doesn't even specify to them what should they do. He even told them that person has informed the captain yesterday. And he has just informed them of this information at this hour.

If she could, she would have already beaten her captain using her fist. Alas, that would be impossible. Miriam doesn't want to be accused of insubordination. But looking at their captain who was ignoring her, looks like the days of punching her captain aren't so far away.

Miriam can feel her anger overwhelming her. She huffed and stomped her foot. Miriam decided to leave her Captain alone in his workroom. They opened and close the door which made a loud bang sound.

Seriously, she never expected her life would be like this. She has been a Beyonder for 1 year. From being a civilian who encountered a supernatural accident, being saved by the Minder Owls, and finally, being employed and becoming one of them.

It was the captain that convince her to join the Minder Owls. He looks so cool and amazing when he saved her at that time. She can even feel her heart beating fast as the captain saved her from dying. Recalling those memories back, Miriam felt that it was one of the best moments of her life.

She decided to join the Minder Owls because of the Captain. Miriam admired him. Not in that, falling in love path. But, she wanted to be like him. He looks so dashing and awesome when he saved her. He was so cool. Like a Hero.

Her life was never been the same after that. She was an ordinary civilian living her monotone and boring life who found what was missing in her world.

The world of the supernatural. The circle of Beyonders. The sense of unordinary and specialness. A world filled with many mysteries and adventures. A world is full of colors. She felt that she belongs in that world. That's why there's no hesitation when the job was offered.

It's been one year, she has seen the cases and investigations of the Minder Owls. She has been also involved and been a participant in some of those supernatural mystery cases.

Some are breathtaking and the Majority of it was a disappointment. Mostly, her captain. Miriam lost her admiration for her captain the moment that she learned her negatives. She was a superficial person. That's one thing that she could admit.

After angrily closing the door, Miriam sighed. She doesn't need to vent her anger on the innocent door. But if she didn't vent her anger on any object, she knows that she would gonna vent her anger on someone.

Miriam started walking in the halls and then saw the stairs and her fellow worker.

" Miriam, how is it? Did the Captain say any additional information? "

Hobbs asked her. Miriam unconsciously made an upset look on her face. Seeing the expression, Hobbs can only smile wryly.

" So.. he ignores you? (Sigh) as expected of Captain... Let's just go on the 1st floor and wait for the arrival of the higher-ups, shall we? "

Miriam nodded her head. She and Hobbs went downstairs. On the 1st floor, they were greeted by the other employees. One of their co-workers Abigail looks at them with a pitiful look on her face. She looks so tired and haggard. Just looking at her face, you could mistake that she was a Sleepless Beyonder instead of being a Beyonder of Psychiatrist Pathway. She was a very beautiful girl but now that she looks so tired, there wasn't a glimpse of her stunning looks right now.

" Hobbs, Miriam.  I'm glad to see you. "

Abigail smiled brightly at them. Hobbs and Miriam felt uncomfortable with that smile. They can already predict what would happen in the next moment.

" Please! Could you help me sort out the Case Files? "

As expected. Both Miriam and Hobbs thought in their minds.

" No one helped you? "

Hobbs looks at Abigail in doubt. It wasn't supposed to be her job arranging the case files. But it falls on her anyway because of the Captain's lackadaisical attitude.

" Well, Lisa and Jasper are out and currently solving a case. "

" They shouldn't accept a job since there would be someone from higher-ups coming today. "

Miriam pursed her lips. She was frowning as she look at Abigail.
The latter only look at Miriam with exhaustion.

" They weren't informed by the Captain. They were already gone when the Captain informed us of someone special visiting our department. And I think that the Case was very important. "

" I see. "

Miriam couldn't find fault anything with that statement.

" And the others? "

Abigail flashed them a shaky and nervous smile.

" They were already welcoming the special visitor in the main door. "

Both Miriam and Hobbs went stiff when they heard those words. Especially Miriam, since she knows that her Captain was currently relaxing and acting lazy without a care in the world.

She hoped that they wouldn't be scolded or lectured for their Captain's leniency and lack of care.