Chapter 9

Chapter 9: Church of the God of Knowledge and Wisdom

    A castle with magnificent pillars within the gray fog. In the castle covered by the mysterious fog was a hall that was surrounded by those magnificent and grandiose pillars. The hall has a long table and various chairs place within them.

There are a total of 22 chairs. The same number corresponds to the Tarot Cards. Some chairs are occupied by people and some are vacant. He can't see the faces of the people since they are being covered by the Gray Fog. But Yareth was certain that they are those people.

He knows the identity of every one of them.

Suddenly, he heard someone tapping his finger on the table. He look in the direction of the sound and stared at that seat. Yareth realize who was the being that he was looking at. His head suddenly feels that it was being filled with a headache. He turned his head down.

He was looking at 'that' person. The head of that organization. One of the most important people in this world. One of the Chosen ones. The Protagonist... with various Identities. The Lord of the Mysteries. Mister Fool.

" I am waiting for you, Mr. Ivory Tower. "

He heard Mister Fool muttering those words. Yet, Yareth knows that it was a message for him.

Yareth feels his consciousness being pulled up.

He was leaving in this dream.

-------------------------

     Today was June 25, 1349, of the 5th Epoch. It was the last Monday of June within this year. And it was also a few days before the Canon started and the arrival of the Protagonist in this world.

Time passed so fast. Yareth feels that he wasn't still prepared for the things that would happen. Just the other day after meeting his older brother again, he heard from the rumors of the servants that his older brother and parents have some disagreement about something.

And he has a feeling that it was about him again. Later, he finally learned what was the topic of their disagreement that centered around him. Yareth then remembered what his Father have insinuated when his father agreed for him to become a Beyonder of the Reader Sequence that day. And now, Yareth would be suffering the consequences of his decision.

He was in the throne room again. Facing the main gate of the throne room. At his back was the elevated Throne Room of the King. Beside it was Queen's chair. Yareth urges himself to don't look at his back and just stare at the gate. It was hard to stop the urge of his body to tremble from the pressure and anxiety.

But Yareth remembered that he wasn't alone with his parents and the guards in the throne room. A few distances at him were his tutor Levan Septimus and his older brother Wendell Castiya, along with his attendants and servants.

They were here. It was enough. Even he knows that his older brother has argued with his parents when he learned what would happen to him. It wasn't enough to stop their parents with their decision. Yareth's fate was decided.

He wouldn't feel so alone and helpless with them watching what would happen to him. Yareth was startled out of his thoughts when the gate opened and one of the guards shouted.

" Announcing the presence of Archbishop of Masin and the Archbishop of Lenburg. "

Yareth gulped as the subject of his anxiousness and worry has finally arrived. Two Archbishops from the Church of the God of Knowledge and Wisdom. One from the Masin and the Lenburg– The main domain of the God of Knowledge and Wisdom.