Chapter 10

Chapter 10: The events before the new beginning

      Yareth stared at the moving scenery across the glass panel feeling an emptiness within him.

   " I entrust his living arrangements on you. I hope that you would properly take care of him. "

" There is no need to fret, King Roland. Your son would be in good hands. We would make sure that he would have the best living arrangements.

" I would be satisfied. As long as he would be taught and become well educated. In your hands, I know that he would have the best education that he would ever receive. "

" It as certainly, you say. Your Majesty. "

It happened.

" Yareth, I do hope that you would prove your worth, My dear child. Do make us proud, my little child. "

Yareth felt his mother pat his head. His brother was looking at their parents with an emotionless on his face. His tutor was smiling slightly, his face was telling him that everything would be fine. But it wasn't.

" ....I will, mother! "

Yareth smiled the brightest smile that he could muster. Belonging to an innocent child that doesn't understand everything and wanted to make his parents proud.

And it hurts...

Just like that, he was given away. Like a tool. Goods that you can exchange so that you can get what you want or a benefit.

Yareth learned that he wasn't much very important to his parents. They even look so happy when they have given him away.

" Little one, is it your first time being outside of the Palace? "

Yareth was startled out of his thoughts. He turn his head and gaze upon Archbishop Alvis who was smiling at him. He shook his head.

" .. Sometimes... " He paused. Considering what would he say. " My older brother Wendell would accompany me to wander around the Feynapotter City. "

" I see... "

The Archbishop smiled at him. The smile that looks so kind. And patronizing. Yareth hated that it was directed at him. But he could understand where is the patronizing look came from. In the Archbishop's eyes, he must only be seeing an ignorant and clueless child.

" Your brother must be so kind to you... "

A child of royalty. Unknowledgeable, Innocent, and pampered. A child that was easy to manipulate.

Yareth nodded his head smiling. A few minutes passed, the Archbishop didn't continue to ask him again. Yareth decided to turn his head and look at the scenery outside of the glass panel.

Trees, mountains, houses, people, etc. The scenery outside was ever-changing. Yareth was sitting with the Archbishop the opposite of him. They were together in a single compartment of a train. From the city of Feynapotter towards Lenburg was its destination. The Beyonder Team of the Church of the God of Knowledge and Wisdom must be sitting in their compartments beside them. Yareth thought to himself. And the current Beyonders that were with them were probably the elite members of their Church. The equivalent of the elite Red Gloves of the Evernight Goddess.

Meanwhile, Archbishop Nayeli the one in charge of the Church of the God of Knowledge and Wisdom in the Masin was now back at the Masin. So the only one who was going with him are the group of elite Beyonder Team of the Church of the God of Knowledge and Wisdom and Archbishop Alvis.

Yareth let out a sigh. The Archbishop turned to look at him. Yareth smiled hoping that the Archbishop would say how tired he is right now. All of the events that happened earlier were taking a toll on his mind. Yareth wanted to sleep. He close his eyes and drifted to unconsciousness a few moments later.

----------------

« Various changes around the world are happening recently.

  Is it a sign of welcoming the descent of "him" or another?

Distortions and changes are happening around the Astral World.

The God of Knowledge and Wisdom saw an indecipherable future.

The Seven Lights are confused by the changes. They never experienced something like this before.

The Outer Deities are slowly making their plans.

The Rose of School and Thought receives an order from the Mother tree of desire.

The Blood Sanctify Sect heard murmurs from the Dark Side of the Universe.

More Beyonders of the Mother and Moon Pathway would lose control because of the Mother Goddess of Depravity. Lilith wouldn't be able to do anything to stop this rising number of corruption.

The Sealed Item "The Genie from the Magic wishing Lamp" wants to get be freed.

Even the Outer Deities who were outside of the world wanted and desired to enter.

They wanted 'it' so badly. Desire 'it' to be acquired and eaten by them.

The Quill of Alzuhod was looking forward to the events that were interfering with the world and its ability to bend realities. It was certain that 'Book' wouldn't like what would happen in the future. The book doesn't like having its rule broken. It was a hypocrite book. It always punishes its owner regardless of the rule. But it doesn't want when loopholes always appear.   »

     Ince Zangwill, a former member of the Church of the Evernight Goddess, Archbishop, and Gatekeeper of the said religion frowned as he saw the contents of that the Quill of Alzuhod has written.

It wasn't Loen, Dutanese, Intis, Feysac, or any language of the Northern Continent. It wasn't also the Hermes that was commonly known as Language of Beyonders.

Nor was Ancient Hermes, Ancient Feysac, Jotun, and Dragonese– If Ince Zangwill knows to read those languages.

He would never recognize the letters and words. Ince Zangwill after all didn't live in the era of 'before'.

He wanted to know the meaning of the indecipherable language that was written by the Quill of Alzuhod. Yet, he didn't dare to ask or make the Quill answer his question for fear that the Quill would just make him die right here, right now.

Lately, he was certain that the Quill wanted him to be killed. Accidents and mishaps are happening more frequently.

The Quill hasn't still made it happen that he would acquire the Ashes of Saint Selena, but he was already being plotted to be killed.

It wasn't upholding the deal. He took great efforts to unseal the troublesome and very dangerous artifact. It even causes him of his former position and prestige. And now the Beyonders of the Evernight Goddess are after him.