Chapter 34

Chapter 34: Pray

        " Are you sure that would work? "

Yareth was once again in Yilla. Today, he was asking Yohan about the plan.

" You didn't find an item that was related to the gray fog. "

Yareth felt dejected at those words. During the past few days, other than sending letters secretly behind the church's back with the help of Mister Horace, continuing on his duty as a Minder Owls, and finally attending at the Academy, Yareth has been looking for certain specific items in the market of Azshara that was related to the gray fog.

Yareth didn't manage to find any object with relation to the gray fog. Now, Yareth can only proceed in one of his other self's alternative plans. It was mind-boggling to think that Yohan has at least 5 plans that were available on his current progressive milestone as Yohan proceed to call them by those words.

Yareth decided to ask Yohan who was currently reading one of the books again that was provided by this place.

" Would that work? "

The response that he have gotten wasn't inspiring.

" As they have said, Experiment and exploration is the mother of Science. "

" We weren't talking science!. "

Yareth protested.

" I know... Well, if I am speaking truthfully. According to my calculations, theory, and EXPECTATIONS.. it has a high chance of being successful. "

In his past life, Yareth remembered that math and science isn't his favorite subject. For the very first time, Yareth have the urge to be disappointed towards his past self and brought his hand to his head.

He can't believe that he found Yohan his ideal self, the first time that Yareth met him.

" You wouldn't know what would happen if you didn't try... "

" But... "

Yareth can't believe it.

" This world didn't follow the laws of velocity and science. A world that defines madness and impossibility— maybe, a will to believe isn't bad if you tried the plan. "

" ...faith.. "

Yareth muttered. The King and Queen didn't impart any lessons or words for him to worship any God or Goddesses. They always believe that they are their faith. As for the memories of his past life, the collection of Waifus and Husbands doesn't count as a religion.

Now, that he was under the church of the God of Knowledge and Wisdom, to his surprise, Archbishop Alvis didn't say anything about his behavior of not praying to their God. He doesn't impart any words telling him to worship the dragon of betrayal.

" In the worst-case scenario, we have a plan if it leads to failure and attracted any malicious beings' attention or the God of Knowledge and Wisdom. "

Yohan sounded calm as he said those things. Yareth sighed. After a while, he decided to leave the Yilla.

Finally, when Yareth disappeared in Yilla, the blase and carefree expression on Yohan disappeared. He has his hands clutching together as if he was praying or begging for someone.

" Ahhhhh. I hope that nothing bad would happen.."

He then started listing out various names of the gods that were once an object of worship in this world but went extinct the moment that the supreme creator woke up.

As for the name of Lovecraft and Chtulhu mythos, Yohan didn't dare to even think or utter their name. Deep in his mind, he felt that he would instantly attract the attention of the Outer Deities the moment that he say those words. As for the name of the author, who knows what would happen?

-------------------

5th Epoch. Lenburg Capital-Azshara. August 27, 1349 (Monday)

Mister Horace's workshop in the Academy became the unofficial place where Yareth needs to conduct the actions that he doesn't want any of the officials and members of the Church of the God of Knowledge and Wisdom to know and see. He knows that once someone from them learned of his actions, Yareth would be put into trouble.

It was more now once they learned what would Yareth doing today. Mister Horace wasn't with him today or within the outside of the workshop in the Academy. Mister Horace was at the Minder Owls and on the workshop that was provided to him in that place. He has probably started the attempt of combining charms just like a few days. It started when Yareth decided to impart Yohan's theory regarding the charms. The man has been busy since then. Mister Hobbs and Miss Abigail must be probably suffering because of Mister Horace's antics as well as the other members of the Minder Owls.

On the ground of the workshop, there lay an object with a symbol that was specifically inlaid there by Yareth himself. In the past days, Yareth may not have managed to find an object to the gray fog. But there were many items related to mysticism.

One of them was the music box that was currently on the ground. The symbol that was inlaid on the music box by Yareth himself was the symbol of Fool Pathway. Other than the music box, several things were placed on the ground. All of them symbolized or were related to the term "beginnings".

The time now was Monday afternoon. It was around three o'clock. Yareth decided to wait for a few more minutes before he kneeled on the ground and close his eyes. He has his hands clasped together on a prayer.

On his mind, he started reciting the chant of the fool repeatedly. But what came out of his mouth was a different chant in the dragon language.

" I seek your help,
Your guidance,
Your assurance,
Your blessings,
O' divine benevolent ruler of the spirit world.."

Just like the chant of the fool on his mind, Yareth keeps repeating those words. With his improved mind and thinking ability, it wasn't a problem for Yareth to maintain the ability to think of two different things at the same time.

Yareth keeps repeating those words while thinking the chant of the fool. Clearing his mind from other things, he prayed sincerely.

-------------------------

Above the gray fog, Klein has ended the meeting for today. He has severed the connections of the Sun, Justice, and Hanged Man. He was planning on descending from the fog and leaving the mysterious space when he started hearing a prayer.