-07

The night was young as the family stepped back into their house, the cold taking an obvious effect on them as their noses turned red and their jackets had been zipped up.

Elizabeth was fast asleep in Sawyers arms, her head laying sideways on Sawyers shoulder. She had fallen asleep in the car after they had gone out for the day. After getting breakfast, the bunch had gone to the mall and then the park which had tuckered little Elizabeth out of energy.

Thomas was well on his way to falling asleep as well, rubbing his eyes and yawning every now and then.

Dylan was, once again, as grumpy as could be. It was a given after the day he had full of questions from the kids like 'how did you get it?' or 'does it hurt?'.

Of course it hurt. It hurt like a motherfucker.

Christian unlocked the house with his keys, turning on the hallway light and dropping his jacket on on of the coat hangers before walking to the thermostat to turn the heat up.

When he turned to walk to the kitchen, a figure in the living room caught his eye. It wasn't just any figure.

"Katherine?" He asked turning the light on. The lady turned to him, her eyes crinkling with happiness as she got up with her arms spread wide.

"My baby boy!" She reached to hug him but much to her disappointment, Christian quickly moved out of the way.

"What are you doing here?" He asked her, his eyes trailing the kids as Sawyer led them to their rooms as quickly as he could.

"I came to be with my family of course!" She gasped as her eyes laid on Dylan who was leaning against the hallway wall with his arms and ankles crossed.

"Dylan, sweetheart what happened to your eye?" She reached to touch his swollen bruised eye as Dylan flinched out of the way.

"Did you do this?" She turned to Christian who only glared at her and turned to walk into the kitchen.

"No, unlike you I know how to take care of my family." He reached for a bag of frozen peas and handed them to Dylan. He took it gratefully and bid his goodnight to him, completely ignoring his mother, Sawyer walking down the stairs right after him to stand by Christian.

"I'm only asking you one more time, why are you here?" Christian crossed his arms. Katherine sighed, playing with her fingers, not bothering to meet Christians eyes.

"I need cash." She said quietly.

Christian raised an eyebrow.

"For what?"

"It shouldn't matter what for, I'm your mother, I raised you and gave you all my love and care." Katherine glared.

"Love and care?" Sawyer chuckled "you left us to take care of your children. All those times you were too drunk to function or high off your ass we were here to take over your sorry attempt of being a mother." He continued. "Don't even come to us with that sorry ass excuse."

Christian watched between the two, listening to their fight silently.

Katherine suddenly bursted into tears. Her sobs echoing off the walls of the house.

"I just need a little to get back on my feet, I promise I won't ask for more." She pleaded.

"That's what you always say and then you relapse and we have to clean up your mess again." Christian cut in after that.

Katherine looked up and glared at him.

"I'm your mother!" She yelled.

Christian held his hand up, silencing her.

"Your going to wake-" He was cut off by a small voice.

"Mommy?"

End.

End

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।
Love That Is Unconditional ✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें