-17

"Why are we here Dylan." Thomas muttered, looking around the building.

"Cause I'm hungry, your hungry too right Lizzie?" Dylan looked down at his sister who clutched his hand tightly.

"Yeah I guess." She yawned, swinging his hand back and forth.

Dylan moved them to a booth, a waitress coming shortly after to pass out menus.

"Hi! My name is Briar and I'll be your server today. Can I start you off with some drinks?" She smiled sweetly at them.

"Cokes for all of us." Dylan smiled back, watching how Lizzie grew more excited with the opportunity to color.

Thomas scowled when he had to sit next to Leon, knowing Lizzie wouldn't budge.

"Hey Lizzie." He called out causing the small girl to turn to him.

"Let's switch." Thomas nodded to where she was sitting.

Lizzie smiled and shook her head, going back to her coloring. Thomas frowned, falling back in his seat while scooting as close to the wall as he could, away from Leon.

The waitress soon came back, the same glowing smile adorned on her face as she passed out their drinks, pulling out her notepad to take down their orders.

Both of the younger boys told her what they wanted whilst Dylan ordered for Lizzie and himself.

"Does Christian know we're here." Leon commented, they had never really gone out after school.

"Yeah of course." Dylan clutched his phone.

Leon raised an eyebrow.

"Mhm sure." He turned away from him.

They sat mostly in silence, only a few words coming out of Dylan's mouth in the effort to start a conversation.

When their food arrived, they sat in another uncomfortable silence until they left.

They began their walk home, Lizzie was sitting on Dylan's head, playing bongos, whilst the younger boys walked still glaring at each other.

"So." Dylan attempted to start a conversation.

His phone dinged before he could finish. Looking down he recognized the number of his plug.

xxx-xxx-xxx

Are you coming tonight? I got the good stuff.

Dylan hesitated before responding, looking around at his siblings, they were all emersed in their own selves, not giving a thought to the world around them.

xxx-xxx-xxx

yeah around the same time?

He could feel his heart beat faster as he anticipated the response.

xxx-xxx-xxx

sounds good see you then.

Dylan sighed, stuffing his phone in his pocket before any more guilt could rise up in him.

It's only to help me feel better.

Nothing could go wrong with a little boost, right?

-sorry for the short and really late update, this was a rushed chapter sorry :/