-16

Dylan stuffed his hands in his pockets, it had been half an hour since he ditched his third period and now he had just been wondering the campus.

"Hey! Your not supposed to be out of class!" He heard a voice chase after him. Immediately Dylan inwardly groaned, halting his movement and turning around.

His eyes caught the sight of McKenna Reves, class president and hall monitor. Well she wasn't actually the hall monitor but everyone called her that because she was such a goody two shoes, always wanting to follow all the rules and keep the perfect grades.

"You know, being out of class without a pass can get you into detention." She put her hands on her hips, glaring Dylan down.

"Yeah we'll not all of us like to actually be here like you do." Dylan rolled his eyes, slouching.

Dylan could feel the blood pumping through his veins as he spoke to McKenna, probably due to the drugs he took. It was as if his thoughts had gone away all together.

He felt at peace.

"Just take me to the office already." He said once they had stood staring at each other for a long time. McKenna rolled her eyes before walking in front of him, silently telling him to follow.

Together, the reached the office, the lady at the front desk merely glancing up at them as McKenna knocked on the principals door.

Dylan took deep breaths in and out trying to calm his heart beat. He had expected the high but not this much.

Once they heard the ok to go in, McKenna dragged Dylan to an empty seat in front of the principals desk, briefly explaining the situation before turning to leave the room.

"Ms. Reves." The principal called out to her before she could leave. The young girl turned to him, confused.

"I'd like you to stay." The principal told her, turning to Dylan. "I believe there are some things we can discuss." He smiled at him causing to Dylan to stutter.

Creepy ass old man.

"Dylan since this isn't your first time getting in trouble and have been missing classes and school work," he gave him a look "I'd like to arrange some after school tutoring with Ms. Reves, that is if she is ok with it, to help you catch up." He smiled at both of them. Dylan's eyes widened.

Crazy ass old man.

"Uh sir with all so respect," McKenna started.

"Of course you would earn extra volunteer hours that could your portfolio." The principal cut in, smiling at her.

McKenna stopped her sentence, considering the offer. Dylan's face turned.

"Your actually considering this?" He asked her surprised.

"Mr.Carter's, I believe your in no space to talk, by the way I will have to tell this to your guardian, if you don't accept this offer then we will have to discuss some other ways of punishment that you may not like." Both men stared at each other daring one another to speak.

"I'll accept it." McKenna spoke, breaking their stares.

"Well then, it's set, I'll let you both discuss your schedule on your own time but for now your both dismissed, Dylan tell your guardian to expect a phone call soon." The principal smiled at him causing Dylan to scowl before picking up his bag and swinging it over his shoulder.

If not for the drugs he probably would have snapped and cussed the principal out. Nonetheless, Dylan sauntered out of the office, grounding his teeth together.

Little did he know the outcome of this would forever change his life.

LTIU

Dylan stuffed his hands in his pockets, rolling his neck. His slipped his phone out of his pocket and checked the time.

5 minutes.

He sighed to himself, thinking back to the events from earlier that day.

"We'll meet an hour after school every Tuesday in the library."

McKenna had told him once he had left the office.

"I have to pick up my siblings everyday."

He had told her blankly. She had compromised, telling him that he could take his siblings with him and they would start whenever he arrived.

Dylan only agreed because he didn't want to think about the other types of punishments that the principal would give him if he didn't.

The sound of the school bell ringing pulled him out of his thoughts. His eyes ran over all the kids until he was met with a certain one.

"Bubby!" She yelled running at him.

Dylan could barely comprehend when she crashed into him. He smiled, lifting her in his arms and bringing her closer to him. She giggled before wrapping her legs around his torso and stuffing her head into his neck, giving him a tight hug.

"Hey princess, how was school?" He asked, hugging her back, leaving a kiss to the crown of her head.

"It was good!" Lizzie smiled.

"That's good now gimme a kiss." Dylan turned his face, allowing Lizzie to plop a slobbery kiss on her brothers cheek.

Dylan scrunched up his face, wiping the slobber off before rubbing his hand down Lizzies face, smiling when she turned her face in disgust.

"That's what you get." He stuck his tongue out at her to which she copied.

Before anything else, Dylan spotted his two youngest brothers walking towards them, a frown on both of their faces.

"Woah who pissed in their Cheerios this morning." Dylan whispered to Lizzie who was still snuggling his neck.

"They've been mad at each other since yesterday." She whispered back.

When his siblings finally reached them, they stayed quiet, only muttering a small hi to both Dylan and Lizzie.

Dylan raised an eyebrow, shaking his head and turning to walk down the sidewalk, his siblings in tow.

End.