-20

Christian ran down the stairs, slightly out of breath with his a towel wrapped around his waist.

"Lizzie sweetheart, are you ready for school?" He yelled, shuffling through the pantry, throwing random snacks into the kids backpacks.

"Lizzie!" Chris frowned when she didn't answer, continuing to get everyone's stuff ready. Everyone had woken up late, the fight from yesterday making Christian so stressed he had forgotten to set an alarm.

He had rushed Lizzie out of bed, urging her to wake her brothers and ask one to help her with her uniform while he got in the shower.

"Elizabeth!" Christian groaned, he was getting impatient.

He poked his head throughout the rooms, reaching the living room last.

"Elise- oh, why are you here." Christian glowered as he caught sight of Katherine in their living room.

"Lizzie sweetheart what did I tell you about opening the door by yourself." He frowned at her, fixing her uniform while making sure she knew he was disappointed in her.

"I've come to say goodbye." Katherine clasped her hands together. Christian frowned , wrapping an arm around Lizzie.

"What do you mean, goodbye." He raised an eyebrow.

"I'm" she paused, picking at her fingernails. "I'm uh going to rehab soon." She sent him a small smile.

Christians frown dropped, a face of realization overtaking it. He cleared his throat.

"Well we wish you the best." He returned her small smile, calling the rest of his siblings down.

Each one said goodbye, some of them begrudgingly, wishing her a good luck as they did.

Katherine took one last look at the family before turning and walking out, a heavy heart with her.

LTIU

Dylan closed his eyes, resting his head on the wall of the small bathroom cubicle. His hands dug into his pockets, finding the small white bag in his grasp, making him release a breath of relief.

He took out his phone, turning it around to the back before pouring a small pile of powder on it. He released another deep breath before bringing it up to his nose and breathing the sweet relief.

His body relaxed moments later and Dylan picked up his stuff, unlocking the cubicle and going to wash his hands. He left the bathroom when the last bell rang, walking towards the doors to go outside.

"Dylan!" A female voice called him.

McKenna.

Dylan turned around with his hands in his pockets, visibly annoyed.

"We still haven't set up a date that we can start." She told him when she reached him.

Dylan shrugged, telling her to continue.

"How about after school today?" She smiled awkwardly.

"I have to pick up my siblings so it can't be right after." He told her.

"That's fine, I'll wait in the library until you come." She continued to smile.

Dylan nodded turning to walk outside with a huff of annoyance.

This was gonna be a long week.

End.