-09

The weekend was over and much to Elizabeth's disliking, she had to go to school. She had woke up that morning adamant on staying home. She kicked and screamed so she could get her way but was denied.

She ended up getting her wish later that day when she was sent home after vomiting on the carpet in her classroom.

Sawyer had to pick her up, Christian being busy.

Christian informed him to give her some medicine to help her stomach.

Sawyer was in a chaotic mess as he rushed throughout the house, trying to find whatever medicine for the stomach he could.

When he finally did find some, it caused Elizabeth the pass out. She did so on the couch, her light snores sounding throughout the house as he dialed Christian.

Sawyer cursed to himself when he heard the voicemail lady's voice, just as he ended the call, another figure came through the door.

"Oh good, your here." Sawyer told Dylan. Dylan, who had now made his way to the kitchen and was looking through the fridge, looked at him.

"Huh? Oh yeah there was a fire drill and I never bothered to go back." Dylan shrugged continuing to rummage through the fridge, picking up random containers of left overs.

"Well I need you to stay here with Elizabeth while I go get the other two, ok?" Sawyer rubbed his forehead where a headache was beginning to come. He was becoming so stressed over everything.

Dylan looked over his shoulder where a sleeping Elizabeth still laid.

"What's wrong with her?" He asked.

Sawyer sighed, turning back to the pale girl.

"She's sick from her stomach, Christian thinks it's a bug." He said grabbing his keys from the counter. "Look, can you watch her or not cause I gotta pick the boys up in 10 minutes." He said impatiently.

"Yeah, I guess just make it quick." Dylan took a cup of ramen from the pantry, his stomach rumbling on excitement.

Sawyer quickly rushed out of the house, locking the door behind him.

LTIU

Elizabeth woke up feeling a bit better than she did a few hours ago. There was a harsh warmth in back of her that was complimenting her cold body nicely.

She craned her head behind her as much as she could and she saw the sleeping face of Dylan. He had hugged her tightly, his usual frown indented into his face.

She could see an empty cup of noodles on the floor, the t.v. was switched from her cartoons to football reruns. Still feeling sleepy, Elizabeth slowly turned around and dug her head into her older brothers chest, she could feel her mind go blank as the sweet surprise of slumber welcomed her with open arms.

The next time Elizabeth woke up was when she needed to use the bathroom, she winced as she got up, her stomach rumbling with discomfort as she moved around.

After she successfully urinated, she walked back to the living room where Dylan was now in the same position propped up on his shoulder, scrolling down his phone.

He looked up when Elizabeth walked through the corridor of the living room, looking around.

"Where's Sawyer." She yawned, stretching her arms wide.

"He went to go get your brothers, how ya feeling bubs?" Dylan opened his arms to her.

Elizabeth greatly appreciated the affection after the way she felt.

"I feel like I'm dying." She groaned, laying back comfortably in Dylan's arms, who only stifled a chuckle as he cradled her in his arms. Much to his surprise, she fell asleep again within minutes.

Now Dylan knew that she was really sick as it was hard to even get her to sleep the whole night.

Nonetheless, he held her in his arms protectively as he continued to scroll down one of his apps.

He scoffed to himself as he thought about his situation, only thinking one thing.

When did I get so soft.

End.