-24

"Elizabeth!" The angry call could be heard from Christian downstairs. Christian sighed as he waited for the small child to make her way down the stairs. They had been running late to a dinner with some of his coworkers, the rest of the family already waiting in the car.

Sighing again, Christians heavy feet made their way up the stairs, stomping each step.

Christian found the small girl in the corner of her bedroom, from the back she was sitting on her knees facing the wall, her small head looking down at something in her hands.

"Lizzie." Christian called from the door. The child didn't even bother to look up from her position. Curious, Christian went up to her, nothing the slight sniffing coming from her.

When finally reaching her, Christian noticed she was cradling her hand to her chest.

"Darling, what happened." Christian crouched down, moving the hair that covered the side of Lizzie's face.

It was at that point when Christian saw the blood.

"Lizzie! Why didn't you tell me you were bleeding?" Christian panicked, picking the small girl up and rushing into one of the restrooms.

"Christian!" Thomas's voice groaned, his figure walking into the bathroom.

"I'm so hungry." He pouted.

"Hey buddy, get the bandaids yeah?" Christian was panicking, ransacking all the cabinets to find something to disinfect Lizzie's cut.

Thomas grew pale at the sight of blood, quickly rushing out of the small bathroom and into the small storage closet where all the bandaids were held.

He shoved the band aid into Christians hand and waited out in the hallway.

Once Lizzie was patched up, Christian looked at her disappointedly.

"You know your supposed to tell us when things like this happen." He pushed the falling hair out of her eyes and smoothed her dress down.

Lizzie stayed with a pout.

Christian sighed, lifting her off the counter and onto the floor, taking her non injured hand and leading her out of the bathroom to Thomas.

And finally all three were out the door.

LTIU

Dylan knew this was a bad idea.

The cold air blew out his mouth, his fists turning numb both from the cold and because of how hard he was clenching them.

The dark figure whisked by him, holding its hand out and giving the white bag in exchange for the money Dylan stuffed in his hand.

Dylan sighed at the feeling of the cold plastic that was now being stuffed in his pocket.

You've already been caught, no harm in doing a little more.

For some reason though, Dylan had a bad feeling about this certain time he bought drugs.

Call it a gut feeling would you?

LTIU

Christian groaned, feeling vibration under his pillow. He lifted his head, looking at the small clock that laid on his nightstand.

1:36

Yawning, Christian pulled his phone out from under his pillow.

"Hello?" Christians voice came out slightly muffled with sleep.

"Hello, is this the guardian of Dylan Carters?" The gruff voice of a male came into hearing.

Christian sat up, sending the seriousness in the man's voice.

"Yes, that is my brother, who is this?" Christian had a bad feeling bubbling in his stomach.

"I'm from Viewpoint Medical Center, I'm calling to tell you your brother was found,

we believe he overdosed."

End.