-26

About a week before the incident.

"No siblings today?" McKenna asked as she sat down at the table Dylan was at.

"Nope my brother picked them up." He grumbled, rolling his pencil back and forth on the table, a bored look sketched on his face.

McKenna nodded, pulling out a notebook from her backpack.

The pair sat in a comforting silence, McKenna occasionally helping Dylan to solve some of the math questions as he needed.

Some time had pass when Dylan found himself staring at McKenna, taking in everything about her.

From her chocolatey brown eyes to her rosey red lips.

Dylan bit his bottom lip in wonder.

How would it be to kiss her?

Dylan quickly shook his head.

Snap out of it.

He focused back on his math problem, fidgeting with his pencil.

What he didn't know was, McKenna was feeling the same way.

LTIU

The two had just finished their study session and we're packing up when Dylan stopped McKenna, grabbing her arm before she could walk away.

"I was wondering." He scratched the back of his head nervously, McKenna blinking up at him waiting for him to continue. "Would you want to go on a date with me?"

McKennas cheeks turned red as she looked down, mumbling something Dylan couldn't quite hear.

"What?" Dylan frowned, confused.

"Yes!" McKenna yelled, flushing when the remaining people in the library turned to look at them.

Dylan grinned so wide, he was sure his lips would bust open.

"Sweet, I'll text you!" He pressed a quick kiss to her cheek and ran out the doors, pulling his coat on behind him.

This was the best day of his life.

LTIU

Sawyer bit his nails, sweat was dripping down his tanned forehead as he nervously wiped his hands on his pockets.

Okay he wasn't that nervous but still.

Sawyer could hear the beeping of the metal detector as people walked through it, Sawyers eyes watching hopelessly.

It was now or never.

Sawyer put his belongings in the small grey tub, the security guard watching him carefully as he stepped through the beeping machine,
nervously.

"What are you so scared for, boy." The security guard became more aware of his body language and got suspicious.

"It's just been a long time since I've seen someone and I don't know if they want me here." Sawyer sighed, rubbing his forehead.

The security guard hummed.

"Well, it's good your here anyways, takes a lot of guts, yknow? The security passed him a small smile, continuing to search through others belongings.

Sawyer smiled at her, grateful that her words had calmed him down a little.

"Thank you." Sawyer said to her as he grabbed his stuff, waving to her as he continued down the long hallway.

He finally reached the main window where he was provided with a sticker that had his name and I.D picture printed on it.

"This way." A police officer lead him through the closed doors and into the visitors area.

The police officer lead him to a table he could sit at to wait before going through one of the other doors at the side of the room.

Sawyer tapped his foot nervously as he waited for the person, looking around he saw more people talking to other inmates.

It seemed as if an eternity when the person he was waiting for finally stepped through the threshold of the door the officer from before had walked through.

The person sat in front of Sawyer, his handcuffs rustling against the metal of the table, the space between them was significant and the air was tense.

Sawyer took a deep breath, cracking his knuckles under the table, nervously.

"Hey dad."

End.