Chapter 2 - Cunning Empress & New Scheme

Next morning, the two maids helped Nandini dressing up and arranging her hair. In the whole Rose Palace besides some guards, they are the only three woman present inside. Ageratina and Atropa was the only two main the new empress have. They are taking charge of everything she need.

"My lady, they said for a new bride, you need to visit the empress mother to show courtesy in Lotus Palace. Everyone must be waiting for your arrival" Atropa put down the comb as she reminded.

Nandini looked at her reflection in mirror. The heavy costume she needed to wear is unlikey did not matched her taste. She always prefer light dress to make herself more comfortable. Hearing Atropa she nodded lightly.

"I know, since everyone is waiting for me, I shouldn't keep them waiting for me" she replied as she got up. "Ageratina light the incense before leaving"

Ageratina nodded before quickly following the order. Then three of them moved out of the Rose Palace. A palace maid lead them the way towards Lotus Palace. In the mean while, Empress Dowager, Kumeka and Kashmin was there having tea.

"Greetings to empress mother" Nandini said bowing a little. Chityakanta looked at her daughter in law and smiled. She put the cup on table and turned to her daughter in law.

"Call me mother, hearing empress before that made me feel like a complete stranger" she laughed out. Nandini smiled and nodded.

"Have your seat my dear" Chityakanta said gesturing to the empty chair. Nandini nodded and obeyed silently.

"I must say, the new empress is really obedient and also beautiful" Kumeka commented before glancing behind Nandini. Seeing only two maids she frowned.

"Oh, new empress only have two maids to serve her?" There was a mocking in her tone "I think we should arrange few more maids in Rose Palace, even my Kashmin have 15-20 maids in Lily Palace" finishing she laughed lightly.

Behind Nandini Ageratina and Atropa frowned hearing Kumeka's word. Even Chityakanta looked at Kumeka before turning her attention towards Nandini who was pouring tea like nothing happened.

Nandini served tea to both Chityakanta and Kumeka then smiled "This is my first attempt to Surrender myself completely in royalty. I hope on this first day I did not do anything to displease mother"

Chityakanta smiled before taking the cup and sipping on it. Kumeka narrowed her eyes at Nandini but still accept the offered tea.

"Empress Nandini, as a royal one you need to have more people in your palace. What mother said, is there anything wrong?" This time Kashmin said looking at her.

"Of course not" Nandini smiled "even I am too pleased to know that there is someone who really cares about my wellbeing. How can I take that in wrong way?"

The word someone really stressed one. Those who hear will think of a complement but if anyone look deeply then that someone really has a kind of mockery.

"I am happy empress took my words seriously. I will arranged few people's to serve you" Kumeka replied.

"I appreciate aunt's great thinking but my two maid is enough to take care of me. Besides I always lived with less crowd so I am not habituated having too many people's roaming around me" Nandini declined the offer immediately.

Kumeka's brows knitted as her fingers around the cup tightened. Kashmin sneered inside but on surface she looked collected.

"Empress just arrived and stepped in this royal life for first time. Let her adjust her days first besides if she want more maids, she can give her order for it herself" Chityakanta interject solving the problem loading lightly.