Chapter 51 - The Intuder In Room

Sakshi entered Rashmi's room only to find her daughter smiling while reading something. She was holding a piece of paper in her hand and focusing herself in it. Sakshi frowned as she walked closer. She did not informed her daughter about the proposal yet so before there's a news from other side she thought to prepare Rashmi beforehand.

"What are you reading?" Sakshi called.

Rashmi was startled when she heard her mother's voice. She turned her head towards Sakshi and immediately put the paper in wooden box. She turned and smiled.

"Mother when you arrived? I am sorry I was little distracted"

Sakshi frowned "what were you reading that made you so engrossed?"

"It's just casual thing" Rashmi smiled again "why are you here mother?"

Hearing that Sakshi remembered why she was there so she smiled "I was here to tell you something"

"What?" Rashmi asked.

Sakshi sit beside her and took her hand "how do you find the second prince of Samrat?"

Rashmi frowned. She don't know why her mother suddenly asking this but still she replied sincerely "he...looks good. From his beauty to his skill does not lack anything"

Sakshi nodded "so do you think if any girl marries him  will be lucky?"

Rashmi nodded again "of course. There are many people singing his achievements in war and describing his skills which even reached Virat. For someone like him it will be a luck for any woman to marry him"

Sakshi was satisfied with the answers so she smiled more delightfully "I knew my daughter will always have such maturity in her. Now I am totally confirmed that my decision was not wrong. You even admire him"

Something stuck in Rashmi's heart. She felt like something is wrong in between with her answers.

"Mother what decision you are talking about?" She asked.

Sakshi smiled "your father and I have decided to propose marriage to Samrat"

Rashmi frowned "marriage? For whom?"

Isn't it Kaushik's proposal discarded from the other side? How come it's happening again?

"Why are you so clueless? Who's marriage it could be? Of course yours and second prince" Sakshi replied shaking her head.

Rashmi's eyes widened in a instant as she gaped at Sakshi. Her marriage? How come it suddenly brought up? She couldn't help but suddenly stand up and looked at Sakshi with shocked expression.

"Mother, how come things had changed into this. Are you teasing me?"

"What are you talking about?" Sakshi frowned "is this  matter something to joke about? This is serious matter decided after good thinking. Your father also wants it" she also stand up seeing her daughter expression.

"No, this is wrong mother. This shouldn't happen like this" Rashmi shook her head.

"Are you insane Rashmi? Do you know what are you talking about? You are already at marriageable age besides what does second prince lack that you are suddenly denying after praising him so much?did not you say you admire him?" Sakshi frowned.

"Mother you got me wrong" Rashmi shook her head "I do admire the second prince but just as a hero of the country not as a lover or with any romantic affection. Mother admiring and have romantic thoughts are different" Rashmi tried to explain.

"Rashmi you are still young to understand this. You need to focus on the things you have now" Sakshi replied calmly "about this marriage thing you should leave it to us, your parents to decide for your own good and accept it"