Chapter 31 - Backfired Deeds

Three head turned to look at the person who was slowly and lazily walking in. Behind her was two maid following silently. Seeing the person Manik stood up abruptly before he walked passed the frozen Lakshya and welcomed his wife.

"My empress, you are here" he smiled.

"Thought to give a check but did not expected you will be engaged with master monk" Nandini replied calmly.

"It's just some matters. Nothing's unknown to you" Manik shook his head "since you are here, join us" he invited.

"If your majesty wants it then how can I refuse?"

Manik nodded and lead her back towards the master monk.

"Your highness is here" master monk nodded then raised his tea up to her "I personally wanted to thank your highness for sending such high grade tea leaves"

"I tasted it before so thought master monk will like it. And I am glad about that" Nandini replied politely before taking her seat.

Lakshya who was standing like statue on her spot calmed herself. She placed a smile then bowed a little "your highness"

Only then Nandini looked at her "oh, I almost forgot that young lady Lakshya is also here" then her eyes trailed towards the plate placed on table "I must say young lady Lakshya's baking skill is good. You really made s good desert"

Lakshya's face turned pink "your highness just praised me too much. This girls does not deserve such honour. I just tried my best and hope I won't offend your highness's"

"I will always praise the good one. Since you have worked hard then you definitely deserve such praise. But only if young lady does not want to be praised by me then I won't say it to hurt you" Nandini smiled kindly. Those kind eyes and smiles only surfaced her emotions.

"I don't dare" Lakhshya immediately shook her head "your highness is generous, I thank your highness wholeheartedly" there was an innocent smile growing on her face.

"You should" Nandini replied then again looked at the piece of cakes "I wonder if young lady has a habit of baking cake?"

Lakshya smiled. She is good at coocking. And her culinary skills were highly praised by people already. The amount of reviews had made her nose grow forward even longer. So she think there's no one who can pass her skills.

"I love cooking since I was 10 years old. I have been devoted myself in it" Lakshya replied proudly.

Nandini narrowed her eyes "since young lady loves it so much then I must say I have a way where you can contribute to this country while devoting yourself in your skills. Only if young lady want to hear me out"

Contribute to the country? Could it be that she want her to cook for his majesty. By serving the emperor also means contributing towards the country since the emperor is the person sitting on throne, rulling the country. If that can happen then what's there for her to seek for a chance to get closer to the king? She can make him fall for her with her skills. Besides who does not like eating different kinds of dishes everyday. She has learnt many dishes to give for. Thinking about the possibilities Lakshya's eyes brimmed with delight and her heart jumped in joy. She never knew that her plan will be executed this easily.

"So....is young lady.."

"Of course" Lakshya did not wait for Nandini to finish "since it was her highness personally taking the action then how can I refuse to accept the honour"

From the side master monk shook his head before sipping his tea. He really don't think so....

Nandini smiled at Lakshya "I must praise young lady for being so mature with your mind and heart for wanting to committ yourself serving the country. This kind of generosity is hard to find" then she turned to Manik "your majesty heard it right? Didn't you mentioned that the millitary camp lacks a cook and it's turning into crisis for the whole nation?" Her eyes dancing with laughter "young lady Lakshya want to serve the country with her skills so it would be unfair for her part if you don't recognise such talent"