Special Chapter 7 - Digvijay's Choice Of Bride

After all the waiting the day finally arrived. In the early period of the ceremony all the reputed guests started to arrive in the hall taking their respective seats. The males would sit at left side while the female and young ladies would take the right side. In the middle a path was made leading towards the high seat of the king and queen. All the guests were served drinks and snacks. With the announcement of the gate keeper Manik and Nandini walked in the hall.

After rulling for so many years the couple still looks energetic. If others don't know well then they would consider them as young newly married couples. Other ladies of the same age felt envious loking at them. They could see how flawless Nandini's skin is. There's no spots nor any kind of wrinkles or sign of aging shown. She still looked so perfect walking by her husband's side.

"Isn't the Queen is aged now? How come she still looks so young? Her skin is tight and glossy, how do she maintain her beauty like this?" One of the female guests said.

"How would I know. She is same age as mine. But look at me, my skin started to show wrinkles and after the birth of the children, no matter how hard I try I couldn't get such young appearance. Now his highness feels bored with me" another one replied.

"If anyone don't know the truth, no one will believe that Prince Digvijay is her son. Look at her, from which angle she looks like a mother figure to a young man? With such a young appearance she still looks like a princess" another one added. Her eyes focused on the two figures.

Manik walked towards the high seat and turned around before holding his hand out. Nandini smiled and gave her hand to him. He pulled her up and helped her sit on the throne beside him before he sit down. Such gesture was small yet it caught many attention. The women who saw it felt they were really missing something in their life. Though they enjoyed the high reputation and luxury in their palace but their husband was not romantic as compared to the king Manik.

"Queen Nandini is really lucky, her husband showed such a great respect infront of everyone"

"Yes,I wished my husband would be like him"

"Only few lucky ones get such opportunities"

The whispers started around. At this moment another announcement fall in the hall. Vaibhav and  Heena walked in the hall with Nadira. Nadira quickly took the seat beside Ananya who was sitting at side.

"What happened you looked angry today?" Nadira noticed her friend's expression.

"It's nothing" Ananya replied yet her tone was filled with annoyance.

"It's a big day today. Aren't you happy?"

Ananya flashed a smiled showing her all teeths, "I am happy, is this enough?"

Nadira snickered, "what happened to you today? Your mood seemed to be bad, actually very, very bad" she raised an eyebrow at her.

Ananya was about to reply when the announcement of Digvijay's arrival heard in the hall. Everyone stopped talking and looked towards the door. Digvijay walked in looking all handsome. There was a small smile on his lips. The young princess in the hall admired him as they looked at him with blushing face.

Ananya saw the scene and fought hard to roll her eyes. Nadira also noticed the action and said in whispering tone.

"Isn't it brother looking handsome today? Though he always looks handsome but I think today he has another kind of charm in him"

"You think so?" Ananya looked at her, "he always looks like a crocodile in my eyes"

Nadira pursed her lips trying to supress her laugh, "you say crocodile? I really wonder what would be his reaction when he hears that?" She paused for a while looking at the other princesses "well I don't think others shares the mutual feelings with you. See how the princesses looking at him. It more felt like they were about to jump on him"