Chapter 65 - Arrival of Cousin

𝐇𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐃𝐢𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐢
----𝐒𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬----

𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒔 𝒐𝒇  𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕, 𝒎𝒂𝒚 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒐𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒇𝒖𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆 𝒃𝒆 𝒃𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒇𝒓𝒖𝒊𝒕𝒇𝒖𝒍. 𝑮𝒐𝒅 𝒃𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒐 𝒈𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒆𝒏𝒈𝒕𝒉 𝒕𝒐 𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒃𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒄𝒍𝒆𝒔 𝒊𝒏 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒊𝒕 𝒈𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒆𝒇𝒖𝒍𝒍𝒚.

°°°===°°°

In the evening, when Manik returned to the guest residence Nandini was watering plants personally. She bought it from market on the way of returning. Those plants are kept in small vases and some has few buds too. Placing the watering pot when she turned around, she come to face with a familiar figure.

"Oh, your majesty has returned already?"

Manik watched her folding his arms over his chest "I guess you had a great time in teahouse"

Nandini raised her eyebrows. That is not something surprising to her at all. Since she married, she knows the capability her husband holds in his hands so in this current situation she expected it long ago.

"I thought to explore the city state but heard there's famous teahouse and since I like tea brewing and tasting, it's not bad to do a trade for connection"

Manik walk towards resting chair and sit down but his gaze never left her figure "oh, trading? Does my empress sort of money?"

Nandini revealed a smile before she step forward to his side. She leaned down a little. Since her figure is smaller than him, a little leaning is enough to get close.

"Money?" She chuckled "your majesty I do lack of connection"

Manik reached out and pulled her body towards him. Because of sudden movement, Nandini couldn't stable herself and ended up sitting on his lap. Her fair complexion slightly turned in pink shade. 

"Your majesty, we are having a talk"

"When did I refuse it?"

She almost rolled her eyes "can't we discuss ordinarily?"

"Are not we?"

Nandini wanted to face plam herself so much. He sometimes get into her nerves that she felt annoyed.  Just as, who discuss things like this, sitting on lap like they are about to make out. Is this how he discuss court matter with ministers. Pulling then on his lap one by one? Thinking about it a chuckle escaped from her lips.

Manik unknown of her imagination slightly frowned "what are you laughing at?"

Nandini looked at him.  Only if she could express what she was thinking.

"Your majesty has worked so hard today, are not you tired?" She asked instead of replying the question.

"It was just sightseeing" Manik shook his head. Nandini struggled to get up but the arms around her just tightened.

"Your majesty, are you trying to suffocate me?" Nandini glared at him.

"Am I?" Manik showed innocent face, tilting his head at side asked.

Nandini somehow find that gesture cute. This man before her always stays as elegant and mannered. But now seeing his this behaviour who wouldn't feel surprise? Besides this man is also someone rulling the whole country in his palm.