Chapter 42 - Who Is She?

Few people reached the entrence of the Varishtha Temple at twilight  and they immediately greeted by some priests. The priest wearing white cloths and they had Buddhist beads in their hands and wa smile on their faces.

"Your majesty is finally here, we have been waiting since we go the letter of your arrival" on of the priest said.

The man who was refered as your majesty smiled warmly nodding his head "I am glad for such welcome. My eldest daughter's marriage has been fixed but my queen was restless about her future purposes so she suggested to come and prat for her future. It was a fast decision so I had to inform master as fast as I could"

"Your majesty is generous. Master monk has personally delivered the speech to welcome you grandly. Afterall, your ancestors had great connection with this temple and with respect master monk doesn't want to lack anything in your welcome" the priest replied.

"Then I will personally thank master when we meet"

"Rest assured your majesty. You have traveled from long distance. Please let us lead to your respective rooms so you can rest for a while before dinner" the priest said.

"Of course, thank you for that" then the priest lead the newly arrived royalties to the southern side of the temple.

"Mother, you are so right. This temple is old but still has glory that make people admire its beauty" the young lady said looking around.

The elderly woman smiled "you will get chance to tour around the temple. I have been here for two times but still couldn't finish touring each side" she let out a soft laugh.

"Then let's tout together. I don't want to waste time wondering around clueless, besides I don't know if I can come for second time already" the young lady hold her mother's arm.

"Of course, first rest for a while then eat something to fill your stomach and get energy to tour"

"Yes" the young lady smiled.

The priests showed them the rooms that were prepared for them. It was simple and everything was made from wood. Starting from the walls and roof to the furniture. But still it did not lack the charming effect. After settling when the priest was about to leave the king called them.

"Head priest, I saw other royal carriages outside when we reached here. Is there any other royalty who arrived earlier?" Though he knew already but still he wanted to confirm.

The head priest nodded "yes your majesty you guessed right. The royal family of Samrat is also here. They have been staying here over a week now. Is there anything else?"

The king shook his head but smiled "thank you for replying. I won't trouble head priest anymore"

"Then rest for a while your majesty. I will ask the kitchen to send dinner early" then they left.

They have given three rooms. Two for the young man and lady and the last one for the couple. Once the man walked inside his wife asked him.

"Your majesty, what are you thinking?"

"What I guessed is right. The emperor of Samrat is also here with his family. This time is quite fortunate to have him here. It has been so long that I was trying to get in touch with Samrat. But never got a good chance nor any perfect reason to give. But currently it's quite good te for us to visit here and having this chance to meet him"

The woman smiled "I heard the emperor has married recently. May be because of that they are here. Besides every newly married couples seek for good fortune and peace. I hope my daughter's marriage life will be good too"

"I will never let my daughters to marry someone who will abandon her in future. I have already inquired about prince Siraj and it says he is noble and has moral character besides his father is my colleague in same academy. They will take good care of her"

"Your majesty is right. I am thinking too much" the woman chuckled "even after knowing that still a mother's heart can't help but fill with worry" then she sighed.

"Don't worry. Everything will be fine. Let's rest first. It's already night and they will send foods soon"

The woman nodded "yes" she sighed then mumbled "I need to get up early and go to the praying hall to light incense"

Next morning when the light spread out the sweet smells of incense traveled in the praying hall. An elderly woman sitting with buddist beads in her hand and the maids beside her lighting the incense. They specially brought the fine, exclusive sandalwood which she brought personally to light in the pray hall. Since it's early in the morning other than two priest no one was there in hall.

"Lord, bless my daughter a good life ahead in her future after marriage. She has been shy and soft from her heart. Please keep your blessings" she mumbled as she light the incense. The huge statute of Buddha sit there in his charisma like he is listening to all the prayes made before him.

Outside the hall in open courtyard the young lad stood there looking around. Another lad was standing behind him wearing a servant outfit.

"Prince do you like this place?" He asked looking at his young master.

"It's good" the lad replied and turned his head. Not little far from his place he spotted s girl wearing light green dress and holding a bamboo fruit basket in her hand. She was standing by the side of the wall where few grape plants has grown. She was plucking the grapes not caring about others.

"Who is she?" The lad couldn't take his eyes off as he asked his servant. By her dressing she doesn't look like a girl from temple.

The servant looked towards the girl before frowning "prince I don't know"

"She doesn't look like she is from temple" the lad replied. He saw her jumping a little trying to reach the branch where the bunch of grapes are hanging but it was little higher than her level. He let out a chuckle "looks like someone needs a little help. Let's go" he said before walking towards her direction.

"Need some help?" He asked little loudly when he got closer. The girl stopped her activity before turning around. Her beautiful fair face come into view to his sight. She frowned at him.

His heart skipped a beat when he saw her. He has seen many beauties in palace banquet but like her? Never. She is wearing plain cloths with almost no jewelary other than a glass hairpin which has green flowers on top. Her face doesn't have any make up which is filled with natural beauty. Comparing to her he is also not less. In his generation he is also considered as a handsome one which girls try to throw themselves on him. He smiled showing his perfect handsome attitude.

"Excuse me?" The girl replied with plain tone.

"I saw you trying hard to get the grapes above there. If you need help, you can ask me" he replied. No girl will refuse such gentle gesture.

The girl looked above the grapes on higher branch than to him. Her expression did not even changed a little let alone smiling.

"No need" she replied before turning her head. Two words but it almost shocked him. No girl ever refused him before.

"You-" before he could say he saw her jumping again but this te is not a a casual one but it was done by little force and gracefully plucked the grapes before placing it inside the busket. She didn't even turned to look at him as she walked away from him leaving standing there looking like a fool. The servant behind slowly looked at the person walking away and narrowed his eyes.

"Prince do-"

The lad raised his hand to stop him but didn't said anything. This is the first time a girl didn't paid any attention to him. And somehow he finds it quite interesting. A small smile on played on his lips as he looked at the silhouette disappearing inside the temple hall.

He need to find who is she?

Note:-

Guess who is the girl who didn't give the new prince a little bit of face. 😂