Chapter 50 - A Fierce Refusal

"You really brought the matter?" Jagdish couldn't believe what his wife was saying. Though he also wanted to propose the same thing to Manik but he did not get the right time to do so. But he was quite surprised when he heard Sakshi talked about this matter to Empress Dowager directly.

Sakshi nodded "I couldn't help. Because of the incident about Kaushik everything had turned against us. And so that this matter couldn't wait long to persuade. This time Kaushik has made a good trouble embarrassing the whole royalty of Virat. If we keep this things to ourselves then it may be too late then"

"You are right" Jagdish sighed "since childhood that brat is spoilt and I have neglected it. I should have took good actions in past so that this incidents would never happened in first place"

Sakshi tapped on his shoulder "this matter is already come to conclusion. I have apologised to empress dowager again on behalf of our son. It's our mistakes for not teaching him good. Besides this time is not proper to ponder over this incidents. We should think carefully about Rashmi now"

"What did empress dowager replied?" Jagdish asked looking at her.

"She didn't denied but also didn't accepted either. But she praised about Rashmi so I think there's still hope in there. She think this matter needed to be discussed with Emperor and Empress besides also needs Second prince's constant in this matter"

Jagdish nodded "it's important. It's very important for second prince to agree on this term. He was the one who's going to marry our daughter" he paused for a while "is Rashmi agreed already?"

Sakshi paused "she..." Sighing she continued "what's there to refuse? Second prince is a good person. Everyone knows how his temperament is in war and je achieved so many things in such young age that there will possibly few peoples who could compare to him. For Rashmi to be able to get such a man as her husband will be her luck. Besides it's not like second prince is already married or something. Nor we are snatching him from someone else. Though there's a rumours about him being engaged previously but I have heard that engagement has been annulled by second prince himself which means he is single now. I just want my daughters to live a good life and nothing else. Truthfully I want to marry Rashmi to his majesty but since his majesty is already married then that thought is useless. Second princess is the rightful person for Rashmi. And there's also empress in harem. If Rashmi could win her heart then she can live peacefully under empress's care for life. I am just thinking about my daughter and if she marries to Samrat then my heart will be in ease"

Jagdish knows her wide well. She is right to this point. They don't harbour any ill thoughts it's just they think if they have marriage alliance with Samrat then the life of their daughter will be protected there. But things are not that easy as it seems. He sighed.

"Fine, since this matter is already exposed then let's see what happens. But let me remind you if things doesn't goes the way you want then you should prepare yourself to face the truth and don't make trouble for your later"

Sakshi nodded "I understand your majesty. As a mother I just wanted to secure my daughter's life that's all. Even if...but we still have time can try best to persuade them"

Jagdish nodded "we can only hope to try. Let's go with the flow and see what's happens"

With that the couple agreed.

In the other courtyard Chityakanta and Manik was sitting and talking about an important matter. Chityakanta also brought the proposal that Sakshi maid earlier.

"The Virat want a marriage alliance?" Manik frowned.

"The queen proposed it first. After the incident I invited her in the morning thinking she must be embarassed with her son's incident. She even apologized again to me. I felt pity on her situation but the matter of marriage was something come up suddenly" Chityakanta replied.