4. The Spectacles.

It was good that my mom used to come home in the evening after her work. So I had enough time to go back to school and request the principal to let me take my spectacles. It was easy for me because the school was just 1 kilometre away from my house, so I would have reached there before the school was closed and decided to first have lunch and then go to school. As I was opening the door, the phone in my pocket vibrated. Someone was calling me. It was Steffie! Are you wondering how did she get my number? We had exchanged our numbers when we were conversing in the school. 

I received the call, "Hello". "Oh Hi Anora! I have a surprise for you. Be present in 'The Throwback Café' once you are done with your lunch but please be sure you reach before 3 pm. I'll be waiting for you." Before I could say anything to her, she disconnected. "What's the time right now", I checked on the screen of my phone. "It's already 2.15 pm". I had a lot of time to deal with the situation. I decided to first go to the school and then to the cafe.

I went inside, had my lunch, and I was on my way to school. When I went to my class after taking the permission, I couldn't find my spectacles. I got more worried. I also had to go to the cafe. My situation was chaotic. I couldn't understand what to do. Without thinking much further, I went to the café. I knew that it was an expensive café where only wealthy people can have that probability to come and Steffie was one of them. I knew since we had a friendly chat in the school and she revealed that she was rich. The door was automatic of the café was automatic. I entered in and it was so cool inside. The air of the Air Conditioner, the smell of Air Freshener, the sound of the soft calm music, everything was so soothing. I glanced at all the people at each table to find Steffie. And there, I found her! And who was there with her on the table? "Oh my God, It's Lian" For a moment my heart fluttered so badly that I couldn't even say 'Hello' to Steffie. I was still for a second.

I ambled towards them and soon my heart came back to its state. I don't know why my heart was actually fluttering. "Hey Ano", she said. "Have a seat" Wow! She said 'Ano' instead of 'Anora'. We surely did become good friends. "Hi Steffie, Thanks for inviting me. What's the surprise you were talking about?" I asked her with interest. "Hey Miss, can't you see me sitting right in front of you? You didn't even wish me", Lian said like a kid fighting over for something. "Oh sorry Lian, I did see you but right now I am in a depressed mood." I said unhappily. "Wai wai wait. What did you say? Why are you like that? What's the matter?" asked Steffie concerned way. "You remember, you had kept your bag on my spectacles and they broke. Those pieces I had kept inside the desk and forgot to take back before leaving the school. So I went to school in search of them. But when I reached, I couldn't find them and now I wonder where they might be. If my mom finds out, she would surely kill me." And my eyes started filling with tears. "Girl, just slow down. You don't have to take any tension of such sort. After seeing my surprise, you won't even have to think about it. Just stay relaxed for some time." She comprehended me.

"What could be her surprise that she said I don't have to worry about it? Did she repair my spectacles? Did she took them while going home?" These were the questions that were going around in my head. I swiftly asked all these questions without any break. "Oh My God! Are you a fortune-teller? How come you know what my surprise is?" Steffie said surprisingly. Lian clapped two times just to praise my talent of fortune-telling and people were suddenly looking at us for a jiff. Well! I finally found what her surprise was. She had a gift in her hand and kept it on the table. 

"Here, something special for you." I was grateful for that and opened quickly to see. Wow! They were my same old spectacles which looked brand new! "How and when did you get time to repair it?" I asked. "You don't need to worry about that. My uncle is an ophthalmologist. So he owns a shop which repairs broken spectacles and all. And no need to thank me okay" Steffie mentioned everything about her family too at the same time. They were indeed very rich. "Oh Gosh, why should I even thank you when it was actually your duty to repair it," I said funnily. They both laughed at my dialogue. While we were having our chits and chats, that recent wretch, Ms Wensha Scott, came from nowhere. "Uhh... Not this girl again" said Lian with a painful heart.