30. Great plan.

What the hell was going on? She herself had told us to keep it secret and now, she is releasing it at her own will. I didn't know why she had done so. When Lian and Jonathan saw the picture, their faces were red. We never expected her to go to such an extent that she could not keep her own promise. The situation was above my head. The eyes of the students were on us.

"Okay, class. I only wanted to show you this. You are free to do whatever you want." said Steffie. 

The children avoided going outside the classroom and were blubbering something or the other about me and Jonathan. It was obvious that, if the news is revealed, it no longer spreads as truth, but finally ends with some false conclusion. 

I couldn't understand what was going in Steffie's head

She came back and kept one leg on the bench, facing me, and said "I'm really sorry dear. But I couldn't see you so respected while I am the one who gets dumped because of you in front of others. I wanted to humiliate you somehow and this was the best chance I had got. See what you can do about that. All the best." 

And before I could say anything, she ignored me and left with her old friends.

Lian and Jonathan wanted to talk to her. So Jonathan just followed her outside the classroom. I and Lian were alone. He looked depressed. He wondered what would Mark think if he knows it. 

But instead of thinking about that, he should have thought of a solution so that I and Jonathan could get out of this. 

First, he said, "You remember when we reached to the beach Steffie was sleeping on Mark's shoulder and we had clicked a picture?"

"Oh Yes! I remember!" I said

"So what do you think? Should we share that picture to all the classmates and show her real side too?" he asked

I didn't like that idea because Mark was also there, so if we had shared it, then Mark's reputation would also spoil. Apart from that, students would be more interested in finding that boy with Steffie instead of roasting the girl. 

So even if they try to research on that and found that the boy is non-other than Jonathan's brother, and the whole topic will come again on us. Therefore I disagreed with him and told to find some other solution. 

Later the only solution that he gave was that I and Jonathan should carry on our acting, that is 'Date'. Lian thought that it was better if we were together until the end of our high school life so that whatever rumours were going on can be concluded truthfully.

I was totally in shock and didn't know how to react. It was only me who didn't have any knowledge about love and such types of situations. 

As I was thinking deeper and deeper, Jonathan came inside, sat down, sighed, looked at Lian and me and said. "Li, Ano. There is just one way where we can prevent the spread of false rumours before it turns to be a huge problem. The only option is that we should continue to date. The students will be satisfied that we are not hiding anything and even if they are spreading our news of dating, it won't be false. If we are not dating, then they might spread something upside down. So, what do you think about it?"

Unexpectedly, both the boys had the same plan, and since I was weak in handling such type of matters and they were pros, I agreed to continue to date. 

The bell rang and the interval was over. The students were about to settle down in the class. Meanwhile, Jonathan sleeked just beside me, on my bench. The students who were entering were just watching us both. He didn't utter a word but was acting as if he was about to do something. I too pretended to interfere in him, but my mind was somewhere else.

Steffie came inside and she was stunned looking at both of us. She actually wanted to spoil us in some way, but her plan was in vain. She wanted the students to talk about us and spread rumours that we were dating and all, but their rumours were actually going to be true and they will be no longer rumours. 

There were couples in our class, so it was normal for us also to be a couple. Steffie got super confused about what to do next. 

Jonathan and I continued to go on our ways and our scriptwriter was Lian. Steffie was alone and she had to direct her own movie and act also at the same time.