7. A sad but good news.

After a 15 minute celebration, everyone set the things back to their places and cleaned the classroom, not forgetting the spilt water. I had to mop there. Lian came near me and said, "Do you need any help?" I was astonished by his polite way of asking but, I wanted to tell him that he shouldn't have approached me at that moment because rumours were spreading about our incident. But this would make him sad on his special day. So I replied courteously, "Thank you so much Lian, but right now I can handle everything by myself." He went away without any regret. 

Before the lecture would start, everything was perfectly arranged. The classroom looked the same as before. Not a single misplacement could be noticed. I never knew that I had classmates who were good at working and cleaning besides studying.

It was an interval after the first four flying lectures. Some students went out to buy something to eat while others were just taking a stroll in the corridors. This time Lian, Steffie and I didn't stay inside the classroom but rather went into the canteen of the school so that Wensha wouldn't come to wish and discomfort us again. Lian bought three hotdogs and cola.

While we were passing our time communicating with each other and devouring our hotdogs, Lian brought up something related to his football match. He said, "There is a piece of good news for me but it would be a little sad to you. You know, I've been selected for the national team, so I have to go out of state for 3 months. And because of this, I have to give up my studies and leave the school in three days." 

As he was informing us about his plans, I was shocked until he said, "There will be a transferred boy who would be joining our...uh.. not our, joining your class as soon as I get my leaving certificate. So you two will have a new friend. And most importantly, I have told him to be careful while making friends and stay with you all the time. To be more specific, I know him as he is my friend's brother. So he will not be a perfect stranger to you. Please take good care of him." 

We both, I and Steffie, felt sorry for each other as our best friend will be leaving us soon. But yes! He also stated that he will be in contact with us. So we were not worried about losing our friendship.

After being full of hotdogs, we headed towards our classroom as the interval was about to get over. Another four lectures, though interesting but were boring for me and Steffi as we couldn't concentrate on our lessons because of Lian's news. We both were thinking about how to grant a short friendly farewell. As always school winded up by 2 pm. That day Steffie wanted to have lunch at my place, and I too, wasn't down with her decision but Lian wasn't able to come as he had to go straight to his club for practice. He said that he would have his lunch in the club itself and proceeded to his way. 

Steffie was giggling. I asked why and she replied, "Now is the best time to plan for a short farewell as we have our lunch. What do you say? Even Lian won't be along with us." "Not bad!" I replied.

We reached home and I had changed myself wearing casual homie clothes but Steffie wasn't comfortable with the uniform. She didn't say anything but I understood her by looking at her face. I shared a t-shirt and jeans and hopefully, they fitted her. 

While we were having our lunch, as planned, we discussed how to throw a small party to wish him good luck. We concluded our views of celebration and it was time for Steffie to go back home and also for my mom, to come back. "Okay, Anora! We are done with all that we are supposed to do the day after tomorrow. I am going back home now. See you tomorrow." "Yes, sure! See you soon." And she went. And just after 5 minutes, came my mom and it was time for me to serve her.

The day wasn't too long and soon a new day rose. I went to school as always and greeted both of my besties, Lian and Steffie, a sweet morning in the class. When we three settled down to do a chit chat, Steffie was about to tell him about his farewell, just then crazy patience sucking lady, Ms Wensha Scott made her entry.