21. Competition.

It was almost 6 pm that we came out of the café after having a cup of coffee and went back to our respective homes. I knew mom would come soon so I ran back as fast as I can and finally reached before she arrived. As usual, I had to serve her, have dinner and go to sleep. 11 pm was a peaceful hour, and when I enter my room I just fell on the bed just to relax my backbone and legs.

I never went to sleep before checking my phone. I scrolled Instagram and found that Lian had posted a picture of an aeroplane saying 'Meet you soon.' I only prayed that he goes and comes back safely, no matter how many days he stayed. 

By seeing this, I remember Jonathan and wondered what he might be doing. I wished that I had his phone number so that I could call. But to be honest, even if I had his number, I wouldn't have called because I don't have those guts.

As I was glancing at all the posts and stories, Steffie's message popped up, "Did you see what Lian posted? He is really lucky to have a trip. Should I message him to have a safe journey?" 

After reading this, I asked myself why she had to ask me permission to message as if I am the one who is controlling her. I just replied, "Do you know how many times you have already wished him? It's better not to disturb him right now. I know that he will get there safely and will contact us as soon as he reaches. Don't bother him these two days okay."

I sent it, but she wasn't online. That stupid little girl was online only to see Lian's updates. Crazy like one. I knew one side that there was some sort of feelings in her heart for him. But on the other side, I couldn't believe myself because they had been friends for years. So their friendship couldn't turn into love unless they both confess to each other. 

Also, she had that boy named Mark in her heart. So how is it possible for two boys to occupy one space? I never knew what friendship is really like until I had met these guys and I was also eager to know who that Mark is.

Suddenly it hit me that there is a way to find that boy. That time I was really curious and somehow wanted to see Mark. There was one option, 'Instagram'. 

I tried typing his name and found many, but there was no Mark who was followed by Steffie nor Lian. By chance, Steffie might not follow her, but Lian would surely follow. Go to see there was no hope. I concluded by saying that Mark might not be on Instagram and went to sleep without thinking further. It was the first night that I had ever pondered on something for such a long time.

2 days passed and it was Steffie's acting competition day. I wished her good luck and she performed well. The best part was that she had received third place and her face was dull. 

On asking for what that long face was, she replied, "I couldn't get first or not even second place. So I am a bit disappointed." 

I laughed at the cute face she made while telling me and I said, "No matter whether you win or lose, at least you gave your best. After all, you are already the 3rd winner. That is an achievement. Congrats."

Thank God that Steffie didn't receive the first place, although she deserved it. Wensha also took part in the competition and she had received second place. Forget about Steffie for now and see what Wensha did. 

Only because she couldn't stand 2nd, she punched the girl who came first. That was insane. Therefore it was good for Steffie, that she was neither first nor second. Because of the violent behaviour of Wensha, the girl who stood first complained to the principal.

As soon as the news was spread, the next day she had to leave the school. That was the greatest news that we ever got. Wensha didn't even last for 15 days in the school. Her character made her realise what she deserves. 

It was the 11th day when she was handed a leaving certificate. All the students were delighted that they would never see her face again and there won't be any more troubles.