32. Ending feels

She was distressed that she won't have those memories back where we once had a great time with each other. She won't be able to receive that love and care that we shared. We had so many memories in the café. She won't be able to go and have a cup of coffee out there, won't be able to meet us in any way and was pitiful that she was missing all that.

The only way to see her happy back was to do something which will always last in her mind. We can't say goodbye just like that. So I quickly pulled Jonathan and Lian towards me, with a little distance in between us and Steffie and told them what to do. They agreed. Since Steffie had given us many surprises, it was our time to give her a surprise.

She just looked at us why we were smiling at each other and asked, "What's wrong with you guys? Are you feeling happy that I am leaving? You seriously don't feel anything for me?" and she busted out in tears. 

Then I said, "We feel sorry for you that you are having such a hard time. So we decided to take you somewhere. Come tomorrow to the café at 4 pm." 

She was speechless as she was wondering what was going on.

The next day we were at school, but Steffie wasn't. We did miss her presence. The other students were not much affected as everybody was busy in their own ways. 

After school got over, we three of us ran to our homes, had our lunch, came to the café and were waiting for Steffie.

When she came, her face was all paled. It seemed like she was crying before. We didn't try to ask her what was the problem because it might hurt her more. 

The time had come where the secret of the meeting was about to be revealed. We went inside and the room which was our favourite was hiding something. The door of the room was closed. Her mood was fluctuating. She wasn't able to understand whether to get excited, or cry, or remain still. She was all nervous.

Lian made the lead to open the door, and the fresh air of the air conditioner struck our skins. The room was all with balloons and decorative art made by the three of us only for Steffie.

It looked so pretty, as this decoration was the best compared to the one that was done earlier during Lian's farewell. This time, we three planned to give a sweet farewell to Steffie, and wish her a bit of good luck in the future.

We stepped inside and Jonathan suddenly went down. We had our seats and she was acknowledging every moment that we had together. Instead of the waiter's service, it was Jonathan who brought the snacks wearing clothes like a waiter. 

Steffie laughed looking at him. Her smile made her be at ease. 

Later we had snacks and remembered each and everything, from how we met till the present day. She was really sentimental at that time. 

Remembering all the happy and sad moments, she was feeling nostalgic. Her heart was aching for no reason and we could feel it. She was really pleased with this last meeting. 

We told her not to worry too much and we shall be in contact with each other somehow. Lastly, we ended our meeting but cutting the cake that was specially prepared by Lian.

The day had come when she had to leave. We came to the airport and thankfully her mother was in the restroom at that time otherwise that crazy witch didn't like her daughter to be friends with a middle-class girl like me. 

Steffie was with the driver, the man was that same driver who met previously on our day out. So he said nothing. 

It was the last day that we saw her. Everybody hugged and our eyes were shedding tears. It was time for her to go, but before leaving, she gave us the photo frame which had the picture of us, clicked on the beach. It was her last gift. And she left.

After some days, we got her call. Mark was also there. Steffie decided to break up with Mark because she didn't know when she will return. Until then Mark has to suffer, waiting for her. 

She suggested he search for another girl. But he clearly disagreed and said that he would wait. 

I and Jonathan were still together, acting for the sake of our reputation on the school. But this acting later led us to fall for each other. Lian continued with his football and played many matches and won. Steffie was having a good life in a foreign country where she was treated like a princess.

Although our times have changed now, and accordingly wounds have healed. But they have their marks left on our hearts. 

One can never forget those best and worst moments with friends. It was my friends who had changed me. I never had the guts to kiss someone just for sake of someone else. But it all depends on the situations. 

I learned to value our good and bad deeds because they are the best to let us experience and face the upcoming troubles.