12. Sweet celebration.

"Oh, God! I am so sorry Jonathan. I apologise. Please forgive me. I didn't have any intentions regarding this." And I quickly pulled out my hand towel from my bag, took the glass from the table and kept it down on the floor. I rubbed the juice that was fallen. 

"What are you doing Ano? Instead of helping that guy, you are cleaning the table? Go, take him to the washroom and let him clean up." Steffie whispered to me. 

I suddenly stood and told Jonathan, "I think you should clean yourself. I'll take you to the washroom." He heard but he turned his head towards Lian. It seemed like he was taking Lian's permission whether to go or not. 'This guy is so cumbrous', I thought.

Lian shook his head and gave a signal to go. Jonathan listened to him and was ready to follow me. This time I hoped that he would permit me to lead him and won't show his pride. And Yes! That's what happened. This was the second time that he respected me.

I took him towards the men washroom and stood outside. He went inside, ran his hand to his t-shirt, and came out in just a second. "Let's go", he said. And we went back to the room. 

Does this time guess who entered first? It was him because my laces got untied so I was tying them, and taking the advantage of this situation, he went in first. How humiliating. I thought he would wait for me but no, this guy was different who didn't have much interest in girls. He didn't even want me to be his friend. Normally when two strangers meet, they chat with each other and get to know each other. Jonathan was not like that.

After I tied my laces, I went inside. There was a cake ready on the table. Everything that was blemished by me, was cleaned by Steffie and Lian until I and Jonathan came from the washroom. 

"It's time to cut the cake." Steffie said merrily. It seemed like she was waiting was this moment. Lian took the knife and was ready to cut the cake. '3, 2, and 1' And there he cut the cake. We sang the song "Congratulations" and clapped. 

He took one piece in his hand and put it in Jonathan's mouth followed by me and Steffie. Steffie got a chance to apply the cream of the cake on Lian's face, unlike on his birthday in the class, she didn't stop from acting weird and so, I too didn't stop this silly act and applied the cream. Lian's face was totally covered with the cream, leaving his small little eyes.

It was just a small little party that we enjoyed but I don't know whether Jonathan did or not. Who cares about him if he doesn't care about his fellow beings. 

We were done with the celebration, that too it was just a cake cutting. Steffie gave him a token of love for being such a good friend of hers for so many years and I actually gave nothing, but I had prepared that poster for him. That was enough to show my love. 

A party is never concluded with a vote of thanks. So it was my turn again to say. Steffie didn't want to byheart anything so, she gave the speeches to me. Very clever.

"Lian, thank you for coming here and it's a great pleasure to appreciate all the things that you have did for us. We wish you all the very best for your future. May God bless you and always keep growing". This is what I said. 

"Thank you so much, Steff and Ano. It really means a lot. Hope I would get you, girls, like my sisters in next life." We laughed at his last statement. Even if we would be his sisters, we won't know it either because who remembers our past birth life?

I observed that Steffie didn't speak with Jonathan and nor Jonathan looked her at all. Otherwise, there were no boys who would keep quiet like Jonathan after noticing her beauty. I wondered whether they knew each other or something. Even at the very beginning when Steffie saw him, she quickly went inside with Lian. I guess she was discussing something about him.

What might have happened between her and Jonathan that they are ignoring each other? Do they know each other? Was there any fight that took place between them someday? If so how could Lian not know and why would he invite him if it would create any misunderstanding between them again. But there took no quarrels of any kind. I wonder what was the mystery behind them.