9. Decoration time.

I refreshed myself, had a plate full of rice and salad, and sat with a chart paper, marker, scales, pencils and colours to do the important work; A big 'Goodbye And Good luck' poster, handwritten by me for Lian's farewell. After almost 2 hours, I finished preparing a pretty looking poster and quickly clicked a picture and sent it to Steffie to comment. Her reply came to me after 10 minutes. "Beautiful Ano! You are so creative." I was feeling so lucky that I had got a chance to present my creativity to the most charming boy of our class and at the same time my heart was fluttering to see that new guy. 

The next day, Sunday was a beautiful day with bright sunshine and all positivity. I woke up a little late, around 9 pm as there was no school. Sunday mornings are lazy, but it wasn't today because it was Lian's farewell day. As planned by Steffie, she spoke with the manager of the café and permitted us to decorate the room. So I left at 10 am after having my breakfast, with my big poster and a bag. 

Hopefully, mom wasn't there at home. She went to her friend's house to help with something as there was some celebration, I don't know what that celebration was about. Anyways, it was great for me as she was supposed to have her lunch there itself and come home by the evening.

Steffie was waiting for me at the café. "Gosh! You are just 30 seconds late. I just reached 30 seconds ago. Hehehe" Steffie's chucklesome expression. 

"So, how's it going? Everything is set?" I asked her. 

"Oh yes! Perfectly done! Only one big wall inside is waiting for your poster" she said. 

We didn't waste time chatting with each other at the door and quickly went into the room to see. 

I followed her and a room, especially booked for us, consisted of balloons and papers, a small sweet table with plates, forks, spoons, knife and spices only for four people and there were no chairs to sit. We had to sit down like little kids. But yes, it would be fun to enjoy our short farewell, almost like a ceremony. I was so excited by looking at that view. The wall which was eagerly waiting for my loving poster had now received its love after sticking. Everything was superb.

Only Lian and his friend were left to come. Steffie and I were waiting at the entrance to welcome them. The minute hand exactly pointed on 12 and the hour hand on 11. We could see Lian from a distance, with a flair walk and an impressive attire. Also not forgetting the guy along with him, who was about to be our friend in a jiff.

A young old man, the brother of my friend's friend, with a fascinating t-shirt and jeans, a branded cap of Puma and Adidas shoes was walking with Lian. His face couldn't be recognised from far because of the shadow of the cap. They were coming closer and closer and almost reached. Yes! I could note his face now. OMG! My heart was fluttering and I didn't know why. Was it because I saw such a good-looking teen for the first time? I couldn't control myself. That is why our hearts are involuntary.

"Hey buddies! Nice to see you both here and a big big big thank you for this lovely little thing." Lian appreciated us before anything could start. "Hi" we greeted. And what's that! Steffie took Lian's hand and pulled him inside. What was that supposed to be? Her movements were sudden.