24. Holiday plan.

She told Jonathan that she was feeling weird to explain it at that time, but promised that she would surely text him. Jonathan didn't mind that and agreed. 

Steffie was super excited and didn't know what to do next. Our coffee had come and we drank it. It was supposed to be a small meeting discussing the 7-day plan, but it seemed to be fated for something else. After we were done, We headed back home together.

1 month passed, we kept well with each other. Lian and Mark would also contact us in between. Exams were approaching in another month. Everybody was preparing for the exams. 

Steffie sat with the books but when she started to read a line, her mind would start thinking of Mark. Whenever she would call me for some notes, she always had to start a topic about Mark. Jonathan was a pretty bright student so I didn't have any doubt in him. He too used to call me but never wasted my time in silly talks. He would ask me about his difficulties and would end the call. Though I was a scholar, still I tried to work hard. 

Days of the exams arrived. Everybody in my friend circle, namely Jonathan and Steffie, had done well, but Steffie would cry when she discussed the paper with us and realised that she made silly mistakes. 

Other students too discussed their papers with their friends. I didn't have any regrets because I had faith in myself that I would answer well enough. 

The exams were finally over and the days of joy and enjoyment appeared, though they were just 7 days. It was not that the holidays were just after the day of our last exam. There were classes after our exams as our papers were shown. Also, there was an open day after some days and then came the holidays. My and Jony's result was a perfect score and Steffie was lagging behind by just 4 marks. And we were the top 3 three students in my class.

As planned by us, we were supposed to have a day out. It was Steffie's opinion to first visit the orphanage, then having lunch at a restaurant, and in the evening we would spend time at a beach. According to the schedule, to have the best taste of the day, we first had to meet somewhere. And where it could be, our same old place, 'The Throwback Café'.

As I was on my way in the morning, Steffie was already standing there and there was a car too. I greeted her a blessed morning and she did the same. Then in a minute, Jonathan showed up alone. He was supposed to come with any of his friends otherwise it would be no fun for him as we were two girls and he was the only boy. He didn't have anyone to accompany him.

Steffie asked why he didn't bring anyone, and he replied "There is a surprise for you both." 

We asked him something and he responded something else. But he said that there was a surprise. This obviously made me think that how can he give us a surprise because the schedule of the day was planned by Steffie, and me and he didn't have the right to do any changes in between. But for sure, we knew which were the places we were supposed to visit. So there were chances of something could happen in any one of the places. The first place to visit was the orphanage so that we could start our day with the warmth and prayers of those small children.

Steffie was confused with his speech, but still, she wanted to know why he didn't bring any other boy with him. Jonathan then said, "Better not to waste time here and let's go fast because the surprise will be frustrated waiting so long." 

Steffie finally agreed and told us to take our sits in the car which I saw when I had just come.

We were on our way. I asked her why she was so restless when Jony didn't bring any boy. And her answer was a bit funny "Because I would prefer to have fun along with the other boy rather than Jony because this guy of ours is very infuriating." 

I didn't expect this answer from her, but I let it go because why to simply break my intelligent mind on a girl's behaviour like her.

We first arrived at the orphanage. And there was a guard who guided us inside. A surprise was waiting for us. I was curious to know what it was. There I saw a small crowd of children. 

I and Steffie were going near them but suddenly Jonathan told us to stop and he began to count down 5,4,3,2,1. And those children, who were crowded, separated themselves into two groups. 

Two boys were hiding in the middle of this small children's group. They both turned back. And OMG! They were Lian and Mark.