14. Past story.

After hearing that, I was shocked and I wanted to inquire more about their story. I also wondered whether this was the reason why Jonathan was not interested to talk to her. I had so many questions in my mind and was so confused that I said, "Continue, and tell me everything about Mark and Jonathan." 

She also wanted to tell me everything but since it would be too long to explain about that, she said, "I'll surely tell you everything but first, let's clean this up and I'll come to your place to explain. Will that be fine?" It was actually okay for me as long as my mom won't be there at home.

We cleaned up and went downstairs. Steffie told me to wait there as she went near the manager to say thanks for the reservation of the room. When she came back, we walked home. There was a chance for her to tell the story while walking, but no. She was afraid what if someone hears secretly behind us. So I convinced myself to wait a little longer until we reached home.

It was noon and still not the time for lunch. It had become a habit for us to have our lunch at 2.30 as we would come back from school after 2 pm. I offered her a glass of water. After being comfortable with everything, I started to trouble her again to tell me their past. Now she was ready to explain everything in detail. I eagerly sat just beside her. 

She first took a deep breath and said, "Now since you know that they both are brothers, Jonathan actually doesn't know me at all. He knows only Lian as he had met him many times with his brother."

"What?" I got surprised when she said that Jonathan doesn't know her, Then what was the point of taking Lian inside when he approached even when he didn't know her? I was seriously muddled up with her story.

Then she said, "You know what, Jonathan actually didn't know me but I knew him. Once Mark had shown me his photo when we were close friends. So I knew how Jonathan looked. But Lian didn't know that I knew Jonathan nor he knew that Mark is my crush. When I saw him coming with Lian, I got nervous and didn't know what to do. I remembered Mark after looking at him. When they came near, I took Lian's hand and pulled him in, remember? That was because I wanted to confirm whether he had brought Mark too along with him.

I took him to the other side of the café. So he said that he didn't bring him, but the way I was tensed, he could make out that something was going in my mind. When he asked me what was that, I had to tell him that I knew that guy and even I have a crush on Mark..and everything. He understood my feelings. You know, it's obvious that when you see someone who is closely related to your crush, you get more brittle. 

He said that it's fine to be nervous right now but don't overreact again. So I too realised that I had to be normal anyhow.

When we came back after sorting my problem, we saw only Jonathan. We asked him about you and he told that you went to the washroom. So we sat and waited for you." 

After she explained all this, I was clear enough. But still, I had a doubt about something. Before I asked her that, I told her, "I actually didn't go in the washroom but rather went to search you both in the room. I had guessed that you might be there, but how could I have taken Jonathan along with me? If I did so, I would have ruined the plan."

After I said this, she asked, "Lol, if you thought that taking Jonathan in the room would ruin the plan, haven't you thought that if I had taken Lian in the room, I would have ruined the plan? How could you be so silly that you went in the room to search us?" 

Oh My! I was so stupid. I accepted my silliness when she said this.

But I had a question and I looked forward to asking her. "Tell me one thing. If Jonathan doesn't know you, why was he acting so rude? He wasn't even looking at you."