26. Restuarant moments

Mark was not falling on Jony but he helped out Steffie to remain stable. The way she fell on him and the way he caught hold of her was so pleasing to see. Their faces were just 15 cm away and their eyes were gazing at each other. 

Jony was looking so carefully that something is going to happen in between them, maybe a kiss. Then the driver suddenly braked and there it goes. Steffie was already fallen on Mark and both were already looking at each other, and now due to that jerk, they first fell forward and while falling back her lips went straight away and touched Mark's lips.

Jonathan saw that and quickly put his both hands on his mouth to give that sudden expression of shock and looked at me. I was starring at them and suddenly this thing happened, so I too stopped munching the chocolate I was eating and looked towards Jonathan. We both were giggling at this sight. 

Lian and the driver didn't know anything that was going at the back. Steffie and Mark realised that something awkward has happened in between them and they quickly and quietly sat straight again.

That period of time was the beginning of feelings. No doubt, Steffie already loved him but the problem was with Mark. She hoped that this event might make his heart produce feelings for her. 

To be honest, Mark too felt something that cannot be explained, but it was something of love and not hatred. Back to our normal positions and we soon reached the restaurant. It was a prestigious one where no ordinary people can have the efforts to diminish their hunger.

My heart was bouncing to see that I being a commoner, had that luck to have lunch in this 5-star restaurant. Although I knew that restaurant, looking in front of my eyes has a different feeling from hearing and observing in pictures. 

We went inside, there was an automatic door. The air inside was so chill that my skin could feel its cold. There was a table which was already booked by Steffie but only for three people as she didn't expect the sudden presence of the other two boys. So we had to take another table for 5 people at the spot. Previous reservation went in vain, but never mind.

We took our seats in a circle. On my right sat Steffie, to her right sat Mark, to his right sat Lian followed by Jonathan and then again me. Surprising, I was expecting Lian to be at my left but there was Jony. 

The waiter served us glasses with a jar of water and handed us the menu. We went through it and without telling each other, we decided what we would like to have. The waiter was waiting with his pen and a miniature book to take our orders. 

Steffie ordered first followed by Mark. Go to see, their orders were the same.

I poked fun at Steffie and Mark saying, "Oh wow. seems like the couple is totally fated. Their likeness is also the same." 

And Lian also encouraged my statement and asked us a question, "There is something in between both of them and to know that something, what do they have to do?" 

And Everybody, except Mark and Steffie, replied 'Date'.

Both of them were staggered when we said the word 'date' and their faces were blushing. The ones who were once friends and suddenly broke because of some rumours had now become not only friends but also something more than that. 

The waiter who was taking our orders also gave a smile at our doings. Lian gave his order and it was Jonathan's turn. Unexpectedly, he also ordered the same as mine.