5. Surprise, but not for me.

"Hey buddies, glad to see you both here. And Ms....what is your name?.. Whatever... What are you doing here? It doesn't look like you will have enough of prosperity to hang out in this café." Wensha, as usual, was conceited.

While she was sustaining her speech to me, Lian was so empathetic that he himself dealt with her rudeness.

"Listen, you may have a great image, but don't be too harsh towards others. Don't try to pull them down because you are at the top...." And he being so direct this time, still, Wensha wasn't bothered to at least say sorry to me. She was so annoyed this time that she...what do you think reader, what she might have done? Did she try to harm me in any way or back answer Lian?

Nope! As usual, she walked out. Wensha didn't have the courage to speak on his face. She would just give up when Lian comes into play and walks away quietly. At the minimum, she had the good habit of being dumb.

"I am really sorry Anora. Please don't feel bad. Wensha is just like that. All we can do is ignore and be patient. Since you don't know her properly it would be better if you keep quiet." Lian consoled me and also Steffie. 

It was almost 4 pm. They both came to my place to leave me and left after I served them a glass of water. They had come to my home for the first time so I can't let them go without having anything. That's our culture. After everything was done, I went into my room and bounced on my bed.

It was around 6 pm when my mom returned and I was sleeping. She opened the door. She too used to have the key. She then kept her huge heavy bag on the floor, sat on the sofa with one leg on the table, and called out yelling, "Anora, where are you? Don't you know that your mother is home and you should serve her a glass of water? Is this the respect I have taught you?......" And her sermon continued until I gave her the glass of water.

It's so very obvious that the whole day she works out so I had to take care of the house. But there are many advantages too. I can roam out as and when I want but before 6 pm I should be at home. So I have my own rules and regulations.

Three days passed and I became a good friend of Lian and Steffie. It was now the nighttime of the fourth day. I have my room on the first floor and here is the second advantage of my mom being oblivious is that she won't keep an eye on me. The only thing she does is scold for silly reasons.

When I was just going to fall asleep, my phone vibrated. Steffie was calling me. I picked up the call. "Hello" "Oh hey Ano, guess why I called you?" she asked me. I wondered if she was planning any other surprises for me so I said "Are there any more surprises?" "Wow! You truly are a clairvoyant. Well! So as you know it is a surprise, be in the school tomorrow before 7.45 in the park because we would need at least 10 min to talk over it okay?" She spoke. "Okay. Done!" And I ended the call. There was no use in thinking about the surprise, like how other people would think, so I just went to sleep.

Like every morning, I had to prepare breakfast and serve my mom because she doesn't do any households. We are middle-class people but my mom acts as if she is more than that, excluding me.

After she left for her work I left for school too, but this time I was early. I reached the park sharp at 7.40 am. Steffie was there with some girls discussing something. I thought that they were surely exchanging their views on my surprise. I went secretly and amused them with my present.

I expected them to be in shock because they might think that I heard their surprise. But sadly they were not. Steffie sent those girls back to class and held my hand. She pulled me and sat me down on the bench.

"Do you know what it is today?" she asked me. I said "No." "It's Lian's birthday today! So were all classmates are going to give him a surprise with cake and poppers." And she explained to me all that I had to do. Then I got to know that the surprise was not for me but rather for Lian.