23. Insulting game.

My prediction always turns true. I visualised how would Steffie react after knowing that. Either she would be happy or the opposite. 

Mark showed Lian and was having his talks with Jonathan. Suddenly Jony turned his phone and his camera got focused on me. 

"Bro, who is that girl?" asked Mark. 

Jonathan looked at me said, "Oh, you better ask Lian about her because he knows her better than me." 

"You mean she is Lian's girlfriend? OH OH OH OH" said Mark looking at Lian and Lian suddenly popped in between and nudged Mark.

"Hi Ano, long time no see." said Lian in a strain. 

As soon as I heard him, I pushed Jonathan, took his phone and started scolding Lian. "I think I should be the one saying it. You had promised to be in contact when you get settled and there was no news of you. Couldn't you at least send a message?" 

I was going on shouting and Steffie heard it. Jonathan was only looking at me as he got to know that I was angry. Steffie came from wherever she was and saw that I was on a video call. 

"What's going on? Why is she behaving that way?" she asked Jonathan and in turn, he replied, 

"You should better go and check yourself." Steffie came and saw that I was scolding Lian. She was shocked.

Lian saw her standing beside me and ignoring my speech, he greeted her, "Hey Steff. You too are there?" 

Steffie's face was showing that she was probably confused with the situation. She did the same thing to me that I did to Jony, she pushed me and took the phone. 

That time I realised, 'As you sow, so you shall reap' was actually true. 

She saw Lian amazingly and again started doing the same thing that I did, 'scolding.' 

I went near Jonathan and stood beside him. He said, "Poor Lian. You both girls are good at scolding. First, it was you, now it's her. Wow!"

I thought whether that was a compliment or an insult. I was actually thinking that, but meanwhile, he said, "Don't mind, but this was actually an insult. Thank God that nobody is near otherwise you would have been embarrassed" 

I was stunned looking at his attitude as if he could read people's minds. It was just my thought, but how come he knew what I was thinking? I quickly stopped thinking and just watched what Steffie was doing. 

Her voice started cracking in between. She shouted so much that she was unable to speak anymore and started coughing.

There came Lian's voice calling for Jonathan and he quickly rushed to get his phone. 

"Better give these girls a cup of water so that nothing happens to their beautiful voices." 

This was surely an insult for both of us. 

"SURE!" said Jonathan laughing and asked where was Mark. 

He came with a jumpy expression as if he was sad about something. I and Steffie went inside and waited for Jonathan until he finished his talk.

When he came back, he was astonished. On asking him what was the reason, he replied in a strong base voice "Steff, I don't know how much you know my brother as far as now, but I have something to tell you. When you both came inside, I was still talking with him and I was surprised when he said that he wanted to be your friend again. I couldn't understand what he was trying to say but he said to be 'friends again'. Was there something bad between you both that made you separate from him?"

Jonathan was pretty interested in this case, like the same way I was once interested. Steffie wasn't feeling comfortable enough to tell him her past but there were butterflies in her stomach as soon as she heard that Mark wanted to be her friend again. I could understand her feeling but it was more interesting because Mark is the guy whom she actually loved with her whole heart.