18. Recognise us.

He was standing outside the classroom and once the teacher called him, he came inside. All the students were pretty amazed at his charm, and the way the girls were looking at him made their boyfriends in the class suffer. 

It's impressive to know that many of the girls have their boyfriends in the same class. So lucky! It was only me who was pitiful. I wish I could have someone who could at least propose to me. But that was not in my destiny.

When Jonathan stood near the teacher, she told in advance all the girls not to get too close because of his attractiveness. The girls agreed to be just friends. 

Such an impressive teacher right? That was something I heard from a teacher's mouth for the first time in my life. Even the teacher knew Jony's worth of being handsome and told him to be careful around the girls because they are too messy. 

Everybody cackled at the way the teacher was introducing him. She then told him to have his seat next to Lian because Lian always sat alone behind us, I don't know why.

Jonathan came to sit and the way he walks made all the girls of our class crazy as hell. It seemed like there was a model in our class. He settled and smiled at Lian but although he knew us, he didn't say anything, I wonder why. 

The teacher began her lecture and as normal, the lecture was boring. Not forgetting the next three lectures too. Then came my favourite hour. I hope you know what it is. It's the interval! This is what I would always wait for as soon as the first lecture starts.

We didn't go out, unlike other students who would take their partners and have a scroll in the corridors or park. I and Steffie were sitting on the bench which was in front of Lian and Jonathan. We turned back. He had brought his cell phone. 

Thank God there were not many students in the class otherwise it would have created chaos. Steffie quickly told him to put it in his bag. 

This behaviour of hers made Jonathan enraged and he replied in return, "Who are you to tell me what I have to do? I have my own right to do as I wish. Since there are no students, that is why I took it out. You don't have to care for me. After all, I don't even know you"

This statement of his made it clear that he didn't recognise us both. Steffie felt bad at the way he scolded her. Even Lian didn't like his behaviour. We knew that he has that habit of pretending to be odd when he first meets people. But we actually didn't meet him for the first time, so there was no need for pretending. 

Lian made a point to tell him, "Listen Jony, you don't have to pretend that way. I think you didn't notice them both. They are those girls whom you met yesterday in the café, remember? They are the same girls with whom you will be spending your 2 years in studies." 

"Oh yes! I am so sorry. I remember you both. I am really very sorry. It's my fault that I simply scolded you. If I knew it was you, I wouldn't have spoken harshly towards you. Please forgive me." Jonathan felt guilty and stood up to apologise.

Steffie forgave him because she knew that he was just pretending. But I got a chance to ask him, "You said that if you knew who she was, you wouldn't have spoken harshly towards her. What did you mean by that? Were you just pretending?" 

Although I knew the fact still I asked so that they shouldn't know that I knew it before. It should be like, 'I came to know that time itself'

Lian told me everything about his rule of acting fake. His words were just the same as what Steffie had told me.  At that time I got to know who Jonathan really was, what he liked and all. 

We were having our chats, but at that moment, guess who made the entry? She was none other than Ms Wensha Scott.