CHOSEN ONE

DARKNESS

"Why?"

I had to admit it, after five days of asking the same thing and getting no answer, Demos was officially known as the most stubborn person I had ever seen. He didn't even care that his tail most probably didn't work anymore.

"Brother, this is pointless. All you have to do is answer our questions. I don't like this any more than you do." Eros scowled where Demos still stared at the Volkios with beady eyes. There wasn't a single twitch in his body that let me know that he was angry or afraid.

"You called me the third piece." Allegra asked next. "What about that?"

Say something. Why wasn't he saying something!

"Demos!"

"This isn't working. I say we dump him in Sparkas." Rebecca finally concluded on her own.

"No!" Raphael said, narrowing his eyes at his brother. "It's not that simple. We have Hell to worry about."

Time for me to shine. "Speaking of Hell...he hasn't been there in months. What to say the devil already didn't appoint someone else in his place."

Oh, would you look at that?

Demos smiled for the first time. "He wouldn't do that."

"Why?" I kept the same amount of civility in my voice. "Last I heard...you two aren't friends."

"Who do you think I am? Hell can't survive without me. It feeds from me, it lives for me. Lucifer knows that."

Allegra scoffed. "And you still go against him?"

"Lucifer cares about his Hell but I care about a lot more than that. You all can think of me as your enemy but I'm only looking after my kind."

What?

"What are you talking about?" Eros looked at him in shock.

He dropped his hands on the table, the heavy chain stopping him from transforming into his demon form. "I saw us fall, brother. Each one of us suffering in different ways until all parts of Hell reconnected and the witches fell."

It was starting to sound a lot like a prophecy.

"Really?" I raised an eyebrow at how everyone seemed to be in deep thoughts. It couldn't be that bad, right? "So you took the charge to finish the witches yourself?"

He shrugged. "Call me your savior of sorts."

I could think of some other names which definitely didn't rhyme with the word, savior.

"There's something else you're not telling us. You are not worried, you are not trying to escape."

Bloody observation you have, Allegra.

"Why would I want to go when I can see your kind fall just by being here." I couldn't ignore his smugness anymore, it was starting to make my blood boil. "What do you think will happen when you kill me? My part of Hell won't have a ruler anymore. Any souls that were there will be unleashed in here, destroying what you people so preciously hold dear. The humans."

Fuck.

I never thought of that.

"We can't keep him here forever." Eros looked up with a look I was starting to hate. "He's getting weak and so is Hell. The things we saw that day...it's because he is here. He didn't summon them, Hell is already starting to unleash its residents."

"Bravo, brother." Demos clapped with a smirk.

Damn it to the hell.

"So what do we do?" Lorette asked, staring at all the Volkios.