EVERYTHING'S GONE

I could hear his cry for help.

I could hear him saying everything was his fault under his breath. I could feel his soft lips trying to take my pain away. I could also hear Allegra and Rose chanting loudly to bring me back. It should be enough to leave my makeshift numbness. But I couldn't. It's not enough. Not this time.

I lost something even before it was mine. All for him. That bastard.

"Please, little soul. Let me in." His sorrow-filled eyes met mine. Before he could say more, the door was ripped open, giving me the view of Raphael with his angel followers. I could see Valentine with his vampires, Eros standing with his followers right alongside his beloved. They were all here. Every Volkios with their people. Even my people were ready to hear my next order. But didn't they know that it was already too late? 

"Demos!? Come here, you fucking coward!" I heard Lex roar, gaining speed to catch him. Demos wasn't even scared, his attention on me and Fallon. 

Fallon.

He did this. He killed my child. 

I didn't know what happened. One minute I was looking at that culprit and the next, my body came back to feel everything at once, making me scream in agony.  

"Fallon! It was him."

That was what needed to be said for two people and my army to go after him.

Lex's eyes moved faster than I could count on them. Demos and he were already pouncing at Fallon. I didn't know if he was thinking rationally or not. He was using his fists instead of his shadows where Demos latched his tail around Fallon, pulling him up from the ground and bringing him back there with a howl. A sickening growl left from Fallon's lips when Lex gripped his throat, tightening his hold.

"You did this! You killed my...Why do you...She will never be..." I could hear Lex stumble over his words. He didn't stop, like a possessed man, he took and took until he was the one left bleeding.

In all the chaos, my eyes finally turned to my barely alive father. He was still in Demos's body. Everyone was now distracted by fighting with each other so I had an advantage. I had to force myself to crawl to a wall, clinging to it to find my balance. My body protested against every step, tearing the skin but I only flinched. What I decided was by far the insane decision I had ever taken but I had to try it out or watch the people I loved die.

I touched Jonathan's face, smiling a little. Once his eyes opened, he must have known what I was thinking cause he let out a groan. "No! Don't do this! I will just wake up in some human's body back on earth. It will take me months to find you all again!"

"If it means you are safe? It's worth a try." Grasping his neck, I twisted it until a crack echoed through the room, blending in with the sounds of terror and violence. For a moment, I was stunned at what I did. But I didn't have time. 

"Well, look at that love. You did kill your father to save him, not bad..." Demos trailed off, baring his teeth into a snarl. His face was even worse than mine, half of his skin missing from his cheek. Lex did not only killed Fallon, he was also going after Demos.

The said man was gargling some hellhounds when his eyes found mine. I couldn't tear my eyes away from him. 

"You really thought I'd let you grieve alone?" He flashed me a pained grin and ripped the heart of the demon near him. In a minute, the door opened again with 5132, Mikhail, and Zach in tow.

Screams began to ripple through the crowd before me. 5132 multiplied herself and now was fighting left and right. Mikhail held a knife, plunging whoever stopped in his path. Bodies littered the floor behind us. Not only that, but I also noticed Cone helping Lex when his shadows failed him. It was hard to tell how much damage they've done.