32- Court Cases

This book should, end on chapter 34...How would you like the ending? Happy or sad?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I didn't have to go to both cases, apparently I was only supposed to go to Kevin's but Marcus's was only a few hours after; and I kind of wanted to know who it was that killed him. Killed both of them really. There was a killer out their, and I kind of wanted to know who.

Everyone was taking Kyle's death hard. Including me. It was only yesterday, but we all had to put on brave faces today for Kevin and Marcus.

I just wanted it to all be over, I wanted to go back in time. I had wished that I never wanted to know the secrets of this school. Perfect Peaches was far from perfect. In fact it was worse than my school. I didn't know why my mum and dad chose this place. It was a mess.

And I was involved in it.

Come to think of it, the gang life wasn't to different from Frisbe Manor. The only difference was that here at Perfect Peaches, I was the outsider; I was the one that didn't know what was going on. Now that I do, I regret ever wanting to be the center of attention. I almost missed the frustrating times when no one would tell me what was going on.

My studies.

I have been so caught up on being the centre of attention, trying to win Chloe's heart and be Mr popular; that I haven't even been revising.

I replayed the moment. In preparation to give my story during my third case of interrogation.

Everything had been going so fast at the time, that when I thought back to it, I could barley keep up. We had just been there, talking. Susan swearing, Chloe screaming. Me holding Chloe back, Kyle controlling Susan. Everything was happening so slow from there on then.

The shadow behind me, as the reflection of a guns barrel, captured my vision. The heroic movement of Kyle's action, as he let go of Susan; and was drowned my Chloe's protests for the unknown killer to stop.

Shoving me out of the way, Kyle took the fall, took the bullet, took it all.

His body lying limp, as the world caught up with me. I stood there in shock. As reality caught up. Speed had returned, and I was once again left behind. Struggling to catch up.

From his agonizing death, to the silence left upon me. The ambulance had returned to our lives; and taken our friend away.

Kyle died for me; he saved my life.

Jacob didn't even call the ambulance in the end. The killer did.

The officer.

----

Kevin's case was emotional, the officer had been caught. Me and Chloe had called the police. The officer had owned up, but the situation was far from over. We still didn't know who killed Marcus, as we knew was that they were in the building. Marcus'es case was in a few hours. They were on the same day, because the involved the same people.

Us.

But the killer was not the same.

Who could it be?

I coudln't bare to think.

The court room as quite, as they listened to the killer give his reason.

Kevin and Kyle; gone by this man.

This sick cold hearted man.

"I wanted a promotion, I needed it." He began, his accent changing at each word. His words twisting into an evil spell. "My wife, she's sick. We needed the money. I knew if I solved a case, I would get a good appraisal. He wasn't meant to die-Kevin. His death was meant to be faked. But he was already so depressed, I was just doing the boy a favour."