Preparing for Battle

Alex POV

as soon as we came back from the prophecy hunt another bad news struck us. Killian invaded the academy and he poisoned all the teachers including my father. they are in critical care at the hospital. the academy barrier is weak now. Anyone can come in now without permission.

I visited dad at the hospital. he seemed weak. connected the breathing tube to help him. Joan was healing them but the recovery process was slow. now it's up to my shoulders to protect the school.

I returned to the academy and called in for an urgent student council meeting. but this time I not only called all the members but also the fifth and the fourth-year students. we need numbers, we may not be strong at magic but our bond will prevail.

scarlet along with, Noah, Ryan, William, Max, Olivia, Valarie and Oliver joined me in the room. other students of the same were present.

I started the meeting.

"you all know why I have called upon you today. we face great peril in our hands today. the academy barrier is down, we are vulnerable. as you all know Killian is planing his move and his army of black magic folks will not exempt you. they are ordered to kill. have no heart. you might think that it's not our fight, he wants Scarlet but you will be forgetting what will happen if he wins. he will take the academy hostage, he has already killed the council, now he plans to take over the world and the magic we have. we cannot let him get away with it! this is all of our battles. to stop him from taking over us. we decide what our lives will be not by sing a slave for another! so I urge you all to stand tall and fight with us. this is not because of Scarlet, it bigger than all of us. I will not force you all to take part. it's your choice. whoever is in this room is pleaded to join as they wish. please say, Aye." I finished speaking.

"It may have started with me, but it has hurt all of you. today we stand down only to suffer another day. but if we fight today then, tomorrow your children or their children will have the freedom to decide their life. Killian is also a human, he can be defeated." scarlet spoke, "I will fight, for our future. Aye"

"I will fight for our future! Killian has manipulated and killed innocent souls. I will not let another be a victim of his games. Aye," Noah spoke.

"I will fight with you! it's time to take a stand, Aye," Valarie said.

"I will not stand back! count me in. Aye "Olivia said.

"well, I have been never scared of a fight! to will make him pay. count me in, Aye" Ryan said with a grin.

"I have been wrong before, I lived with thought he was good soul but I will not stand out to his cruelty anymore. he gave me life but it shall not come at the price of another. I will fight. Aye."Oliver said.

"staying in the corner has never been my style. I will be in the front fighting alongside you all. Aye," Max said.

"I have been in the shadows and outside the box of the crowd. you guys accepted me, gave me love and care. I am done staying quiet, I will fight with you all. you're my family. Aye," William said.

after their speech, a lot more students started to stand and join us. "Aye, Aye, Aye" all stated to say in unison.

we got more than 80 students in our battle. Killian has a lot more in his army but we are united and strong.

it was afternoon now and I was finishing up with the battle strategy when Scarlet came in. "are you busy?"

"Just going over the battle strategy. we have less in number but we can play it sharply to our advantage. I always have time for you scarlet." I closed the file.

"I wanna thank you individually Alex. you're doing a lot. he wants me. it is not your fight still--"

"no scar, it is my fight. remember, he not only hurt you but a lot of other people. my dad is in the hospital so are other teachers, the council is dead, Naomi died... everything influenced by him. his crimes cannot go unpunished. even though he had a hard childhood and injustice had been doesn't to him, he is still responsible for his actions. the prophecy said humanity will save the world in this battle. furthermore, I think you're forgetting that you are our friend, more like a family now. there is no way I will abound you."

" thank you Alex" she hugged me.

"anytime."

she left the office room. I stood up and looked outside the window, 'it's time now, to make him pay for everything. I don't want bloodshed but to save the future I will not stand down either.'

It's time for the war.