Present is a Gift

Tomorrow was the exam for Awakening. I was nervous as hell.

I paced back to forth from the dining room to kitchen.

"Hey you okay?" William came down the stairs.

"Um... no i am freaking out about exam tomorrow."

"Don't worry, you just have to perform a summoning spell and link your fire power to get the sprit animal."

"You make it sound so simple." I signed.

"Come on we will practice." William took my hand lead me to the garden.

"Now concentrate. Visualise you energy and power and let them flow to your hands and make a psi ball. Now repeat the spell "i summon thee, from the depths to the lights. Convexcion Acculimate Summon ci Convex Aqio Spiritun Gilife."

I tried to do as william showed me but it so difficult. Whenever i try to make a psi ball but the flames overflowed and i started to burn blue flame all over my body. Suddenly I remember the fire i cause in my family when i was small. The frea and scream took over me. And the fire broke out.

"Scarlet!" Max shouted and sprayed water on me. I opened my eyes and saw i burned the area i was standing on.

"I am so sorry... I didn't mean to..." i felt bad.

"What happened here?" Noah came.

"I am sorry noah... we were practicing for tomorrow test and i lost control..." i looked at his little cheery sapling. Almost burned, "the cherry sapling got burned cause of me... i am not good for anything."

"Hey, dont say that... it was an accident." He comforted me.

"I m still sorry the tree you planted.." i felt awful. I am destructive nothing good can come out of my power.

"Its okay see.." he kneeled down and put his green aura on the little sapling. It healed and grew back together."all is good now.." he smiled.

He always help me and comes to my rescue. I wish I could do something for him, in anyway help him.

He looked at me with his hazel eyes which is mesmerising in itself. Suddenly I remember about yesterday incident. I blushed.

He released it too and looked away blushing.

"Um so you need help with you test?" He asked.

"Yeah... but i give up i am not going to practice anymore."

"Why? Dont give cause of such a small incident scar. Lets try again." He said.

"But what if i burn something..."

"You wont..."alex came outside. "I will use my power spell to keep form a shield guard over u. It is not much powerful but effective for small power outburst." He said.

"Okay..."

He casted the spell and i tried again. No more burning stuff scarlet! Get it together girl. You have to do good for your test tomorrow. Learn to control it.

I concentrated and tried again. This time i tried not to think of my past... i got my power flowing and did the psi ball but suddenly the face of my brother came to my mind and my power got out of control. A lash of my mana blasted and we fell down.

"You okay?" Noah came running to my aid.

"Yeah... enough practive for today... i will go rest." I left them feeling ashamed of myself. I am done hurting people around me.

"Scarlet wait..." Noah was coming after me but Alex stopped him. "Let her go. She needs time..." he said.

I ran behind the campus tower. There was an old gazebo. I sat down in melancholy.

"Why the long face princess?"

I saw Ryan peeked on me. "How did you know i was here?"

He chuckled," before you discovered this place it was my hiding place, my peace paradise."

"Oh i am sorry I didn't mean to intrude..."

"No worries, you can share it. I can make it an exception for you." He winked at me. I giggled. He is a smooth playboy.

"So what are you hiding from..." its like he could read me.

"Um... tomorrow is my test my first stage of awakening and i wanted to practice as i was freaking out but i end up hurting them, the once who helped me. I feel like... my powers are not good... i cant hurt anyone anymore."

He thought for a while," I presume when you were practicing, you didn't had your full concentration. I bet you were thinking of your past.." he said. Is he a mind reader?!

"How did you..."

"Its not only you, but when first gave my test i was same as you. I even blasted off my teacher like a tornado 🌪 by my power. I had trouble of my hometown so my concentration was disrupted like you."

"So what should i do..."

"You have to find a common ground. A peace within, which i cant guide. You have to find it yourself only..." he said sitting beside me.

"I will try..." i dont onow how to do that.

"Well, i can only tell you that, think of what you have found instead of what you have lost. Something that is present not past..."

"Wow that deep, thank for helping me. And listening to me Ryan."

"Always my princess." He gave me a wink.

"You know, you may keep that facade of a casanova but your a sweetheart ." I said to smiling.

He looked at me with surprise.

"What..?"

"Nothing... its just my late big sister used to say this to me." He gave me a sad smile.

"I am sorry..."

"No no, it quite alright. I am glad to hear it again and from you that is like heartwarming."

"I am always there if you need anyone to talk to." I said cheerfully.

"Thanks princess..." he leaned in. His face was inch apart from mine. My heart speed up cause of the proximity between us. He slowly put his lips on my cheek and planted a soft kiss.

I blushing like a fool.

"You have my heart felt appreciation ." He said going back to his old Casanova self beaming with joy and escape, leaving me there.

This boy! He always manage to make passes at me. I held my face to cool down which was blushing hot.

__________________________________________

Hii guys i hope you like the new relationship growth for scarlet and Ryan.
Hang in to see what happens next on scarlet snow.

So share my book with your friends if you liking the story! And don't forget to vote and comment and follow me for future updates 🥰

Love rosavet 💋