Some Clarification

I want it that way - backstreet boys

Alex POV

I was making my way towards the mansion when i noticed scarlet lost in thought sitting near the fountain.

I made my way towards her.

"Hey Scar." Sat down beside her.

She gave me a sad smile.

"Why the long face?"

"I feel like a failure Alex..." she dug her face between her arms.

"Come on dont be so hard in yourself..." i tried to comfort her.

"No its true i am a mess. My love life sucks, my powers are uncomfortable... i might fail the second stage of magic test...," she signed.

"Things might be hard but it will okay soon...". She signed and got lost in her thoughts again.

I took her hand and dragged her behind me.

"Where are you taking me?" He asked me with suspicion.

"You know, you ask way to many questions.." I laughed. "Trust me okay."

She finally agreed with me and i held her hand walking out of the academy. My Rolls Royals car was already outside waiting .

I got in and she sat on the passenger seat.

I drive to the mountain top.

We got out of the car. She stood beside me. Her eye lit up.

"This my place

"This my place. I come here to get away from things time to time. "I told her. She looked at the view. We stood at the top of the mountain. The whole city could be seem from under. Now when the sun was setting it seemed like there was orange blanket of warmth over the whole place.

"Its beautiful Alex."  She said leaning down at the railing.

I smiled at her. "So whats on your mind?" I said leaning back.

"I don't wanna trouble you with my sob story." He gave a sad laugh .

I held her hand,"I wouldn't have asked you if it was trouble that i felt."

She smiled at me," you know, you have big heart than you let on."

I chuckled," where did that come from?"

"I just remember the first time i met you. You had a literal shield against everyone. Never letting people see the real you."

I also stared at the sky reminiscing the memories." We did go though a lot since then."

"Yea.." she leaned on my shoulders. "Things are so complicated right now I guess...in my life."

"It's complicated if you make it that way. Noah never gives himself the pleasure to get attached to his feelings. His father has reigns around him." I said remembering meeting his family.

She blushed "you know i like him?"

I laughed," your easy to read. Special you suck at hiding what you feel."

She dug her face in her hands,"do you think Valarie truly likes Noah?"

I thought for a while before answering,"I don't read emotions. Thats your brothers power." She got sad again," but i can say this that, Noah smiles genuinely around you. Other times its like someone put a fake doll on auto pilot." She looked at me with hope.

"I feel lost... with my feelings, i can't keep them low anymore. Also there is the upcoming test of second stage, the Reveal. I suck using my powers." I panicked.

Suddenly i got a hunch.

"Scar. Try to summon the fire." I asked her.

"What?! In the open! Are you mad?" She said in worry.

"Trust me. I have the most powerful shield. You won't get out of control." I touched her shoulders.

She concentrated and made a fire ball. "Concentrate... don't focus on Noah." As soon as i said Noah, her power went out of control. I quickly used my shield and diminished her fire. Lack of oxygen = no fire. She sat down tired. Using her powers does take a toll on her. But my hunch was right.

"I am useless Alex..."

I sat beside her. "You not useless. Actually you are very powerful. My hunch was right."

She looked at me confused," you were in control but as soon as I mentioned Noah, your powers went out of control. I was right. You powers originate from your emotions and feelings. If you want control over your powers, then understand your feelings and emotions."

She suddenly jumped and hugged me. "Thank you soo much Alex! I was having a difficult time to understand it myself but you help me understand what I should focus on."

I chuckled," i am glad. "

She separated from me. She seemed more relax and determined now.

"Alex" she called out to me and before I could react she kissed my cheek. "As a thank you." She gave me a cheeky grip and ran to the car.

I was still flushed and dumbstruck of what happened. That was sneaky attack. My heart was racing.

I smiled to myself and caught upto her.

She is sure definitely trouble.

I still remember when i met her. She had the most gorgeous eye i ever seen. Even though we were not in good terms before becoming friends still, she has a charm that captivates hearts.

I guess thus Noah and Ryan can't get enough of her.

And I don't know why i also cant get enough of her either. Its not Love. But something else which connects me to her. I still don't know what it is. But i do like her, for now it's enough.

I got into the car, to drive back the campus.