Encounter The 5 :part 2

As I made my way along the road I noticed that it was not in front of a dorm room but more like a mansion.

"Gosh rich people and rich academy. And here I am a mere scholarship student." I signed.

I reached the gate and knocked on the door.
No respond.

I knocked again," hello? Is anyone there?"

No reply.

I remember i had the key. "Silly me." I took out the key and opened the door and went in. The inside was grand. Not like any dorms at all.

I took my broken suitcase up the stairs and there was three-room on the top floor and three in the bottom. With a grand kitchen and roof. It had a dining room plus a game room, with a huge piano, kept in the centre of the drawing-room.

The curtains were pulled up and windows open. I saw a plate kept on the table with half-eaten food.

"Someone must have be home. But, no one answered..." I didn't think about it too much and went to see my room. Most of the rooms were locked except one upstairs. I took that room as mine and arranged my stuff in there.

I hurried changed my clothes and cleaned the room to my satisfaction. I didn't have time to stay in because I had orientation within few hours in campus so I hurried.

As I was about to leave, I noticed a shadow pass by the balcony down which leads to the garden.

Is it a thief? Shit I didn't lock the front door while i entered! I was just so mesmerised by the mansion beauty. Now I will die in the hands of a thief protecting myself with knowing my future!

I am coming mom dad ; to meet you! In heavens.

I picked up the broom beside the chair.

I tip toed inside the garden. I saw a guy in greyish brown suit digging a hole in the ground.

What the hell is a thief digging a hole for?

I tightened my grip on the broom and moved close. I stepped on a branch which made some sound. He noticed me and turned around. His face was covered with a mask 😷 and wore hat 🧢 I couldn't make out his face. I noticed he was holding a shovel in his hand?

Is he burying a body?!

He turned to notice me. I got scared and didn't waste any time. "Aagghh, thief! Or a murderer! Take this!" I smashed the broom on top of his head.

He fell down.

I lifted the broom to hit him again when he gestured me to stop. I waited as he took off his mask and hat. He was guy same as my age.

He laughed and smiled at me.

"I am sorry to have startled you. Actually i live here. I am student of Shouko Academy too. My name is Noah Rold. " he explained.

I apologised immediately.

"I am sorry! I just arrived here a few minutes ago and didn't know if anyone was here at the time. I didn't lock the door thought some thief might had came in."

"Its quite alright " he smiled.

I saw the place where I hit with the broom had been a small cut. I felt bad. Leaves and twigs were on him.

"I didn't knew that a girl would be joining us?" He said.

"Yes actually..." I told him the whole story.

He thought for a while then smiled," I understand. Its nice to meet you. Please I hope you enjoy staying with us."

"Us?"