-Chapter 34

-Chapter 34

"Congrats, honey!" My mom exclaims as she hooks her arms around me tightly. She smells so sweet, like a grapefruit. Well, maybe even candy!

"Congratulations," My dad says, patting me on the head as my mom keeps squeezing the life out of my body. "You looked so cute when you went across the stage. At least you didn't trip and land on the ground like that one girl did. She was even warned not to go up the stairs."

My mom releases me and I laugh, moving away from her. "Thank you," I tell him softly. "I am so happy right now because I am finally done with school."

It just seems like it was not so long ago that I was learning about Mr. Choi becoming our teacher. Then I met him for the first time and something seemed off with him. I would have never guessed that he had magical powers and was a demon.

"Honey, you don't look that happy right now. Are you sure that you're happy? Are you going to miss going to school?" My mom asks, looking me over with her pretty eyes.

I nod. "I am happy, mom." I was happy.

"Did someone break your heart?" she asks me curiously.

My dad looks at her. "Why would someone even want to break her heart? She's not even into anyone at school so she has no reason to have lovely heartbroken. She only enjoys doing school work and focusing on stuff that she deems worthy of her attention."

"Dad is right, mom."

No, my mood has been off ever since Mr. Choi went away. I know that was the deal we came up with and became a thing in our contract, but it is weird that he is gone. After being in my life for months and driving me crazy, my life feels empty. And he couldn't even come to my graduation ceremony.

"You're right, I guess," my mom says to my dad, looking him in the eyes lovingly. "Shall we go home now? It feels kind of crowded here."

"I think that we should."

"You're Jade, right?" someone asks and I turn around, my eyes landing on some older woman with brown hair. Her hair is short and she looks like one of those sweet ladies that bake treats for school events.

I nod my head slowly. "Yes, I'm Jade. Who are you? Do we know each other from somewhere and I don't remember you for some reason?"

"I have a friend who opened a café not too long ago. They wanted to hire some graduates from the school here because their brother's daughter goes here and they want to help those who need a job to save money for College. Are you interested?"

"What is the café's name?" I ask curiously.

"Oh, I'll just give you their information. I don't remember the name very well. I know I seem suspicious right now but I'm really just doing what my friend wanted. I hope you considered calling her up and going to the job interview next week." She pulls out a card and holds it out to me. "That has my friend's number on it."

I take it from her and look down at the number on it. "Wow, so I got a job offer?" I gasp. This is so amazing! I didn't think that I would just like this!

"I'll go now. Take care." She turns away, leaving me with my family.

My mom pats me on the back and I turn fully to her, still holding onto the card. "Honey, make sure you call them as soon as possible so you can be one of the first people to get the job. You deserve to have one and I'll be sure to help you get to work and from work."

"Same here," my dad says.

I giggle and hold out the number to my mom. "I would put it in my pocket but I don't have any since I'm in the dress my friend gave me. It is one beautiful dress, right?"