-Chapter 23

-Chapter 23

"And if you look here," Mr. Branch says, pointing to a map. "You can see Japan!" How did he even get to this subject? He was originally talking about the Glass Ceiling, now he is talking about all kinds of difference countries. 

"Uh...Mr. Branch?" Someone sounds absolutely confused. I do not blame them one bit for being so confused right now. 

"Yes, Amelia?"

"Can we get back to talking about what you were talking about before?" Amelia asks. She's right, we should be learning about the stuff we're needing to learn about. This is Government class and we need to learn about the structure of our government and society.

Mr. Branch is one's typical social studies teacher. He has barely any hair, looks like he has a good time with a map, and hardly dresses fashionable. He really like stripes, has beady eyes, and reminds me of a mouse.

Mr. Branch looks around the class and nods slowly, laughing nervously. "Oh, I'm sorry," he says, apologizing. "I'll get back to what we're supposed to be doing today. I shouldn't let myself get carried away by other topics in this class since you are supposed to be learning other things."

I wish I could be in Calculus class right about now. Mr. Choi is a much more capable teacher than Mr. Branch, which is completely shocking. I'm even shocked that I'm thinking that right now. How can Mr. Choi even be a better teacher?

"Hey, Mr. Branch, can I borrow Jade for a moment?" I look over to the door as Mr. Choi steps into the room, wearing his usual attire. Does he have anything else in his closet to wear or is it all pretty much the same freaking thing?

"Is it something serious?" Mr. Branch probably thinks I'm up to no good now.

Mr. Choi shakes his head and smiles. "No, it is nothing serious. I just want to talk to her about something that she asked me earlier related to my class. It is important that we address what I want to talk about right now. I'll bring her back as soon as I'm done with her."

Mr. Branch clears his throat and looks at me. "Uh...you can go with him, Jade. It is important for him to talk to you about whatever is going on it seems." Mr. Choi is clearly doing something to make this happen. 

"Okay..." I stand up and move around my stuff, grabbing my things. "I don't want to leave these here, Mr. Branch. Am I allowed to take them?"

"Yes, you can. I don't want someone to take your notes," Mr. Branch answers, smiling softly.

I nod my head and move over to Mr. Choi, who is smiling right now. I wonder what he is doing here. Isn't he supposed to be doing something exciting right now? Does he even have an exciting life? Oh, he doesn't! He's a teacher and they barely have an exciting life. 

"Thank you, Mr. Branch. I'm sorry for you disturbing your class," Mr. Choi says, looking down at me. "Come on, Jade. Let's get to where we need to talk at."

"Alright." I nod, forcing a smile onto my face.

Mr. Choi turns his back to me and steps out of the room, leading the way. I follow him, walking beside him as I hold my things, and look around. I wonder if he got me out of that class intentionally.

"You're right that I did that intentionally, Jade. I read your mind and figured I should intervene on your behalf to save you from that class. And I did love learning that I'm a better teacher than him. So, thank you for that." Mr. Choi turns his head a bit and grins slightly. He's so obnoxious despite doing nice things for me.

"I didn't think it because I wanted to actually think it. I thought it because it is a fact, Mr. Choi. I am happy that you got me out of that room. I was about to explode," I reply. Mr. Branch's class makes me want to die sometimes. It is that bad.