-Chapter 26

-Chapter 26

I look at Vivian as I bring the pink, which is very sparkly, mask up to my face. I didn't think I would seriously go with pink by this date, but I have and I'm going to have to go with it. The sparkly and very pink mask will definitely help me mask who I am as much as possible. I'm not into getting a date with the lead singer of some annoying pop band.

I bring the stretchy band of the mask back, popping it over my head, and I pop the mask on. It sits gently against my face, concealing my pale face as much as possible. I'm pretty sure I look like a pretty pink princess or a flower girl right now.

"Wo-ah! You look totally different right now!" Vivian exclaims. "No one is going to know who you are!" She looks over me in awe, staring at me with her blue sparkly mask covered face. Even with a mask, she's pretty.

"That is the point of having this mask on my face, right?" I am hoping I can pull this off and stay out of everyone's view by looking normal. I don't need Asher all over me. "I am glad that I went with this dress. It isn't like a Princess dress at all." It isn't fluffy and the sleeves are actually quite nice and not too hot to have on.

"You look absolutely beautiful right now. Guys are going to be wondering who in the world you are and wanting your phone number."

I look Vivian over and scoff. "No, you're the one who is absolutely beautiful."

She's wearing a blue dress that fits her skin tone and is covered in a pretty light blue lace on the bottom half. It is like one of those dresses with the bottom layer exposed. Yeah, that's the one with lace.

"Aw, thanks!" Vivian replies cheerfully, sounding super happy. "Anyways, shall we go in right now? We can't stay out here all night long."

"We could, but we would probably get in trouble or people will assume we are up to no good."

"You forgot to mention that we would miss out on all the fun," Vivian says, correcting my words. "So, are we going in now? There is no real fun to have out here since it'll just be us and those who are going to be showing up later than us."

I look around the parking lot, which we luckily got some front row parking, and nod. "Yeah, I guess we should go in and not stand out here all night. It would make this outfit such a waste then." I spent good money on this outfit and I'm not going to let it go to waste. Also, Mr. Choi is in the building and I have to get spying on him.

"Let's go."

She turns away, heading towards the steps of the building. I follow her, watching my step, and we approach the simple doors of the building. The building is some hotel, which is actually quite luxurious according to online reviews. The school rented out the massive dining area and converted it into a ballroom.

She grabs the door and opens it, moving back a bit to let me through. "Go," she orders and I nod my head, going into the building as fast as possible.

Vivian follows, and she catches up standing beside me, as her eyes look around the room. "This place is huge," she comments.

"Yeah," I reply. "It is."

The hotel is quite nice and has golden tones to it. It is like one of those hotels that are for the rich. I don't know how the school booked this place, but it is lovely and magical. I feel like I'm in some fairy tale right now.

We approach the area where the party is and Vivian opens the door, revealing all the people in the room. Even though we're early, lots of people are already here. I wouldn't doubt someone dropped some of them off or took a car pool.

"I hope no one recognizes me," I mutter out as I enter with Vivian following me. The loud music is just pop mumbo jumbo from the top hits on the chart.