Chapter 51: Break In

Night walkers 🌚🌚🌚
Happy New month, guess what?
It's my birthday month 💃💃💃
I realized like a few minutes ago

So I like things happening in advance, that being said, my birthday gift, you can just comment and share and vote.❤️

The consistent ringing of his phone made Fahad get off the bed with an annoyed grunt, he’d wanted to ignore it- no he’d tried ignoring it but the person on the other line didn’t seem to get that he didn’t want to talk. He picked it from the side drawer and answered not bothering to check who it was.

“Hamma, where are you?” he heard Huda’s voice, not exactly panicked but a bit worried.

“What’s wrong? Did anything happen?” he asked instead.

“I’m not sure but baba and everyone have been looking for you and they said you weren’t picking your calls, I think someone broke into the house,” she whispered that part probably not allowed to tell anyone. That was why he never tells Huda secrets, she will blurt it out without knowing.

“What? How?” if there was any sign of sleep in his eyes it cleared up. When he’d prayed isha after spending the whole day lazing around he didn’t feel like driving so he ordered dinner and decided to pass the night there, he’d completely ignored his phone.

“I don’t know but I heard adda Zarah who overheard adda Jiddah and adda Aisha talking, that they entered adda Layla’s room and she was the one who notified abba.”

“Is Layla okay?” she hummed.

“Huda tell me everything you know,” he said running his hands through his hair.

“Well, I remember the lights went out for a bit then we heard a scream, at first I thought it was abba, he’s a scaredy cat but then it came again and the lights didn’t come back, I thought it was a bomb or something because really can you believe no light,” he rolled his eyes.

“Huda stay on track.” He was already in his car he picked the air pods from the glove compartment and put in one ear. Huda telling you a story or explaining anything was one of the worst things in the world, she’d tell you ten more stories in one.

“Oh right, well hamma Asad had just gotten back and yay he brought this marshmallows, they taste like heaven, I kept you a pack because you know you’re my favorite,” she made a squealing sound at the back of her throat, “Anyways, he left to go and check why the lights suddenly went out, wait did I say hamma Kabir was also with us, we were watching master thief again, so he decided to go and check you know instinct and all, then the lights literally came back and I was wowed because I thought it was hamma Asad that worked his magic, that’s beside the point though, I was told to wait downstairs with adda neena and the twins, can you believe them?! Treating me like a child.” He turned on the road that’ll take him to the Aliero’s street, he sent a little thanks to Allah, talking to Huda was a big waste of time though it kept him company.

“Noor, we’ll talk when I get back home,” she started to argue but he stopped her, “I’m almost there.” He removed the pods then hung up, he parked he car in the driveway then stepped out.

“Where have you been? Everyone was trying to reach you but-“-he nodded at Asad who was standing with some uniformed men, he moved to the side falling in step with Fahad.