Chapter 56: A Visit From The Past

Night walkers it's me again and guess what?????
I'll have you know that this author is now legallllllll💃💃💃💃💃 PS I'm saying this in lady Whistledown's voice (if you've watched bridgerton)say a prayer for me tho
Alhamdulillah for eighteen years of Allah's mercy on me.
I've got a surprise for you all🙈🤭

••••••

Khadijah started at herself in the mirror, she wasn’t wearing any makeup as usual and wore an A-shape gown with balloon sleeves that reach her wrists, her head tie like always was a simple ture kaga tsiya, she paired it with hoop earrings and picked the ring Fahad had sent as a birthday gift, he’d told her he noticed the one on her finger and liked it so he wanted to give her something similar but different, she loved it and the only difference between that one and the one on her wrist was, the former had small glittery stones around the whole band while hers was plain.

She picked a maroon chiffon veil and maroon flats since her clothes were Tuscan sun colored with maroon and white floral patterns, she picked her purse that she thought she had no need for.

Baraka had called her the night before apologizing for not telling her, that she was occupied, though Afnan had called herself and begged her to come since she wasn’t going to be there, she needed someone she could trust to tell her everything and Kamla wasn’t around so she settled for someone she trusted most.

“Wai halan Khadijah mi kike har yau,” (What are you still doing?)umma popped her head in Khadijah’s room not exactly looking, she looked at her form and a smile made its way to her face, “Masha Allah see how beautiful you look,” Khadijah forced a smile and thanked her.

Umma looked regal in her scarlet colored swiss lace with small circles in peach which she paired with a peach veil and the gold jewelry set she’d showed Khadijah one time.

“You look beautiful too umma,” with a smile her mother nodded.

“Let’s be on our way, the driver is here.” Khadijah nodded and followed after picking her phone that was charging.

Afnan had called and reminded her to call or make a video for her, she’d rolled her eyes but complied by calling nevertheless, she didn’t know what she was in a rush for since she was going to see it immediately they left, she muted the video call and directed the back camera where they could see everything that was happening, she wasn’t paying that much attention to what they were saying.

It was the usual how lucky she was, ‘tayi goshi like they called it, whatever it meant anyways.

When they finished opening the third set, she received a message from Afnan thanking her and that her fiancé was requesting a video call too so she had to hang up, it brought a small smile to Khadijah’s face as she disconnected the call.

“Ke Khadijah yaushe zamu taho naki?”(You Khadijah, when are we coming for yours?)She gave the middle aged woman a tight lipped smile, it was either that or replying with never, she picked the safe side.

“Ana ma zawara lefe ne?” (Do they do bridal package for divorcees?) another woman she couldn’t recall her name asked with a sneer.