13. A trip down memory lane: A&S

Hello, didn't keep y'all waiting did I? Diijahyb it's not Friday yet so....
Please voteeee and comment, thank you all for 2k reads do I made this long, very long.

Happy reading😘❤

If the relatives Khadijah saw chattering away in their living room fazed her, she didn't show it. There was seven of them including her mother seated around the living room, two of her father's sisters and her mother's sisters, some on the carpet.

She didn't bother asking what they were doing there, she told herself it was none of her business, that and the fact that they'll start with their usual "Har Yau ba miji Khadijah, baki gaji da zaman zawarci ba" (you don't have husband till today Khadijah? Aren't you tired of living as a divorcee?), and then Hajiya Ladidi will cut in and tell them to please ask her, in short, they would completely ruin her mood so she greeted them all quickly and made way to her room making sure to lock the door behind her, they had no idea what privacy was and would just barge in, sit however they like and continue their so called 'lecture'

After the busy day she had, the last thing on her mind was hearing her aunts talk about her marital status, she would've called Layla but she was away on a business trip to Wales, the only other options she had was to sit in her room and work because she couldn't rest with all the voices talking about things she didn't care about, or go out on her own which was far worse than staying, she still wasn't comfortable with going out alone.

The consistent knocking on her door jolted her awake from the uncomfortable position she laid in her bean bag, she didn't even know when she fell asleep. As much as she would've loved to ignore the person at her door, the consequences for that would be something she wouldn't quite want, after contemplating whether it was worth the comments Her mother and her sisters would throw at her, she stood up and opened it trying to clear the sleep from her eyes.

Not sleeping the night before was catching up to her. She woke up from a nightmare around 2am and couldn't go back to sleep.

"I'm sorry aunty I didn't know you were sleeping" her oldest niece Afnan stood with an apologetic look, she was fiddling with the straps of her bad, Khadijah shook her head as if to say don't worry and went back to her bean bag with her niece tailing behind her.

Khadijah asked how she was, school and her other siblings. She was more of a baby sister to Khadijah than a niece, she asked her about Nasmir's wedding because she saw the pictures. She also asked about Layla, they had a lot in common despite their age gap, Layla was amazing and never made her feel less than.

"Amarya" (bride) that made Khadijah turn to the door, Sadiya stood walked in with Basra in her arms, her bump showing more because of the a A-shaped gown.

When her statement registered in Khadijah's brain she looked up quickly, as far as she knew she wasn't getting married and the only other person in the room was Afnan who was looking down blushing, she put two and two together and turned to her niece sharply.

"What is she talking about?"

"Umma didn't tell you?" Khadijah shook her head saying no "She just got engaged to- it's your cousin right?" Sadiya directed the question to her niece who was still not looking at them, who knew she was shy?

"Why do you think them aunty Munubiyya are here?"

Khadijah who was still shocked looked at her niece, the girl turned eighteen a few months back, and didn't she just finish writing waec?

"But did you not just finish secondary school Afnan? Why the rush? Are you sure about this? Do you even like him? Ya Baraka is forcing you into this right?" she stopped to catch her breath, she was hyperventilating and the questions just kept coming.