Chapter 60: Cross

Second update for the dayyyy.

Chapter 60💃💃💃💃
This feels like a dream really
Don't forget to vote comment and share, remember important author's note at the end.

Happy reading.

•••••

Fahad pinched the bridge between his eyes, ignoring his mother whose eyes were boring holes on his forehead, he was tired of everything and most especially getting schooled by his parents, well his mother, his father had been quiet the whole time after Huda had called him he presumed.

"You won't allow this," that was directed at her husband, he was very grateful for that.

"Calm down," his father said ever calmly, he looked worst than his son did. They both looked tortured.

"Don't tell me to calm down," Fahad drowned out the rest of her yells wondering how she wouldn't meet the man's eyes most of the time but was fearlessly yelling about everything.

"I won't allow you two to ruin a girl's life, I thought you wouldn't stand for this but apparently I was wrong," the last part was directed at her husband who only shook his head.

"No one is ruing anybody's life," Fahad tried to make her see reason but she'd suddenly gone blind.

"You are not marrying her and that is final," that had to be the millionth time she's said that that morning, the first he'd answered but he couldn't keep up with the pace she was going.

"You want me to get married and now that I want to, you're suddenly against it?" he voiced out what had been on his mind the whole time.

"When I said to get married I meant for you to move on, you are not marrying her and that is that."

"And why is that?"

"Because...because-" he would've relished the fact that he rendered her speechless but that was the last thing on his mind.

A one hour plus argument wasn't what he was expecting when his mother had barged into his room after he'd returned from zuhr salat, he was trying to get a few papers signed when she entered looking like a storm. His day had been going pretty well considering he hadn't slept the night before.

"I know you feel you know what you are doing but Fahad you can't do this," she said exasperatedly, annoyed at the fact that her husband wasn't backing her up.

"Fahad," she called softly this time with a resigned sigh, "I don't want a repeat Fahad, my heart can't handle you going through something like that again," the tears in her eyes made his heart tighten.

"There won't be a repeat," he promised.

"You don't know that," she argued weakly.

"I'll be fine, we'll be fine insha Allah," he pecked her forehead and left his parents together. Seeing how his father held her hand before he left, offering words of comfort through a simple touch was a blow to him, he'd wanted something like that, he'd dreamt of that, he'd almost gotten that but- no he shook his head to get rid of the thoughts.

"Hamma?" he saw Huda standing her back against the door that led to the main living room, he took her hands and pulled her in for a hug.

"Noor what's wrong?" she shook her head and sniffed, "Don't cry love, tell me what's wrong?" she hugged him tighter.

"I'm sorry I called abu, I don't like you and ammie fighting," her voice was muffled against him but he heard her clearly, he'd known she was the one that called their father.