Chapter 73: Our Family

So, this is the last Friday before Ramadan.

I pray we are all given the opportunity to witness and make use of this one month perfectly. May we enjoy the privileges that comes with month. May our prayers get answered  and if at all those prayers are not the best for us, May Allah swap it with what is best for us.
And may Allah give us the ability to accept his decree.

Ameen
Juma'at Mubarak and Ramadan Mubarak

••••••

Khadijah paused trying to discern the voices she was hearing, it was just nine in the morning. Who visits people so early in the morning?

She identified Fahad’s voice when she got closer to the living room but she still couldn’t tell who the other voice belonged too.

Their voices weren’t so loud which is why she guessed she couldn’t tell who it was, she found it surprising used to Suleiman’s loud boisterous friends.

She adjusted her veil so it covered her upper half before walking out.

Fahad was the first to see her and he looked up his lips automatically forming a smile, she found herself smiling back.

“Our amarya,” Fahad glared at Jawad and the act made Khadijah smile, she greeted him somehow Layla coming to her mind.

There was something about him that just reminded her of her best friend, not that they were at all similar or anything of the sort.

“How was the journey?” she asked knowing he lived in Australia, at least the last time she knew.

“It was fine Alhamdulillah, your husband’s airline is really good I have to admit.” He lowered his voice and added. “Don’t tell him though, he likes to brag.”

Fahad dragged him back so he sat up straight and the act made him chuckle lowly, he was going to have a field day teasing him later.

“I do not brag, merely just stating facts and it is my father’s airline, not mine.”

“Didn’t you start—“

“Would you like some breakfast Dee? This unmarried buffoon woke me up early to make him breakfast.” Jawad gasped dramatically and she had to admit their banter was fun to watch. She has seen him with his siblings and with her own nieces and nephews, seeing him interact with Jawad was a welcome into his own life by being open to another part of him.

She also very much noticed how Fahad had changed the topic, she didn’t know why though and it was the last thing on her mind.

“I’ll serve myself, thank you.” she turned and started for the kitchen but not before Jawad’s reply reached her ears, somehow she knew he was going to give a befitting reply. He was so much like Layla, she thought closing the kitchen door behind her.

“Unmarried buffoon? I’m not even going to pretend that did not hurt me Muhammad Fahad Abubakar Ardo Barkindo, oh.” He made a pained sound, his hand on his chest where his heart is. “Ammie would hear about this, even if it is Lantana from her village, I’ll take it. Why did I let you marry before me?”