Epilogue

Late but I'm here.....

Sounds of laughter led them to where the rest were sitting at the back of the house, the garden that Khadijah has customized months ago and was presently decorated with flowers and many other things for the event. They didn’t have a theme but if they were to have one, she said it would be green to compliment her new love for gardening and everything green.

“No, it is absolutely disgusting, they act like cats.” Layla shuddered glaring at Khadijah and Fahad that were sharing a seat and more or less cuddling.

“You sound bitter,” Farhan was the one that replied.

Not that he supported how touchy they were but because he was fighting with Layla for saying Fahad was better with babies, apparently him mentioning Fahad has never held a baby in his life wasn’t going to help the fact that he changed Aasad faster and more efficiently than him.

“You’re just being unfair.” He rolled his eyes but didn’t say anything more.

Kamla walked back in with Aasad on her right shoulder fast asleep, she shook her head when Farhan tried to take him saying he would wake up.

“Don’t you see that?” Fahad pointed at the two that were giving each other googly eyes.

“See what? You two are disgusting.” She squeezed her face in distaste, looking like a petulant child when denied something they want.

“Layla, no negative words. We have a baby here.” She glared at her best friend who sent her a sweet smile. “It is our anniversary Layla please, let us be at peace.”

“Fine, keep acting like cold kittens.” Everyone laughed except her.

Fahad got up making her sigh in relief and walked to the door where he knew Adnan and his other siblings would be. It wasn’t beyond them to fly from London for an anniversary that they aren’t even going to celebrate.

Huda was the first person she saw and she squealed before jumping into his open arms, he held her tightly.

“I missed you so much hamma, so much.” When she moved back which was Aneesah’s doing, he pecked her forehead still his hand holding her close.

“I missed you too my love, I missed you so much.” She smiled broadly at him. That was the longest she has gone without seeing him, a whole year. He was supposed to fly with Khadijah for eid but something came up and his parents thought it best if they just stayed back.

“Move over, let me hug him too.” Aneesah spoke then hugged him too, what she called a mature manner because being twenty wasn’t a kid’s job, they’ve been hearing that for months.

“You look lovely Neena, so pretty.” She did a twirl.

“I’m going to go and see Adda, bye.” Her eyes widened and she almost tripped when she heard that, she ignored her brother and ran inside following Huda.

“I never thought I would actually say this but you look nice hamma, the beards look great.” He rolled his eyes at Ja’afar and pulled Nabila to him. Nothing has changed with her up till then, she was still the only calm one in the family since even Adnan speaks a lot.