Chapter 55: Lefe

O Allah! bless our lives, light every path we follow, give us wisdom and guide every decision we take. Enrich us with patience, strengthen our iman, grant us contentment, peace of mind and restore lasting tranquility to our land. Give us the best of this World and the best in the Hereafter. Ameen! Juma'at Mubarak

"How is Katsina?" Khadijah asked Kamla over the phone, she went to visit her brothers and siblings with much insistence from Hajiya Ladidi, she wanted to see her siblings yes but she didn't want to go back to all the memories, and knowing her mother wouldn't be there, she'd relented when her younger sister called crying that she didn't want to see them.

"I don't really like it again, I mean I miss them and all but I'm tired of greeting people, we visit at least five houses daily and I'm not even exaggerating" She laughed at Kamla's tired sigh.

"I can only imagine, but their warmth is all that matters," Kamla hummed in agreement but still made a grunting sound, Khadijah understood what she was going through because she was reserved and having to talk to that much people and they were very much must be taking a toll on her.

"That Hasiya is getting married," came her tired voice though she could hear the excitement, "She is so big and mature," the admiration for her younger sister was beautiful.

"Masha Allah, now I have a reason to visit Katsina." Kamla chuckled at that.

"You won't really like it because their cold is extreme."

Khadijah made a sound before replying, "That's beside the point, anyways did you know they are bringing Afnan's lefe this weekend?"

"Oh yeah, she told me, I'm so excited, thank Allah I'll be at home during the wedding, it would've hurt because we had plans," she squealed at the end.

"Well, let me not keep you yayan amarya, take care and my regards to Hasiya and everyone."

"Alright, greet everyone for me, kiss Adeel and Farhana for me."

"Will do, bye." With that she hung up and laid on the bed, she'd woken up more than two hours ago but she was having a lazy morning.

Busy with juggling between Sadiya's house and the things she had to do at the shop, both branches, she'd opened the second branch when the twins were two months old which was about two weeks before her birtday and everything was looking good Alhamdulillah.

She decided to not completely waste the morning, it was already eleven so she picked her sketchbook that Layla called a part of her, which was a gift from Huda that she inexplicably mentioned was paid for with her brother's credit card and without his knowledge too because apparently what he didn't know won't hurt him, that and he wouldn't notice.

She loved it though and called the teenager to thank her specially, she talked with Aneesah who was elated to inform her she helped in packaging and designing the cover, the rosewood colored hardcover with "Dee's" written in ivory in a clean cursive was undoubtedly her newest favorite.

She started sketching a dress she'd had in mind for a while but never got to starting, she used a light black pencil to outline the shape, mermaid gown, something Layla would look regal in. Her phone rang when she started shading the drawstring gathered sleeve, she picked without checking the caller, it was probably Fahad or Layla, or maybe ya Sadiya, they were the only people that called her most of the time, and it couldn't be Victoria because she got off the phone with her before she called Kamla.

"Hello?" she gave up and talked after hearing someone's breathing on the other side, another habit she had was she didn't talk first on the phone but she didn't have time for whoever it was that thought it would be a good idea to prank call her, she removed the phone from her ear to check the caller ID, a private number, with a low hiss she removed it and hung up since they weren't talking.