Chapter 80: Different Kind Of Peace

Dedicated to jannarhblack and Fateemerhh_

I’m spoiling you guysss but the comments were encouraging and you deserve this.

Happy reading…….

•••••

May Allah lessen the amount of complaints on our lips, and make us more grateful for things we have.

May Allah make us more Contented, give us foresight and sabr.

Juma'at Mubarak❤️

••••••

Being surrounded by nature is one the thing Khadijah would say has been the only constant in her life, because whatever happened she would have to admit that after twenty five years, what she would have said is supposed to be constant turns out to be the opposite of that.

Not many people have a drastic maternal change at twenty five, she was still trying to come to terms with everything her father had said which is why she escaped the house, going to the garden/courtyard she used to spend all her time in after she came back home.

Somehow the worst moment of her life was also the best, actually she wouldn’t call her divorce from Suleiman the worst moment but the mental trauma she went through after it was challenging and then finding out she was pregnant mere weeks after wasn’t easy, she was still in the hospital when they found out.

It was a surprise for everyone because after the surgery she had thought that was her last chance of having a child, it took a while for her to accept it and to believe everything would be fine. Sadiya had coached her during that time and knowing she was pregnant too, it was one of the best times in her life, experiencing something as beautiful as motherhood with her sister.

That was the first time she would say she experienced pregnancy fully, she has had four miscarriages in a marriage of two years but she lived in the moment then, feeling her baby’s first kick for the first time.

All her miscarriages happened in the first trimester, so she has only heard of things like that but experiencing it, it was the best part of everything for her, she didn’t know how she managed to stay sane after being told her daughter had died, she was fine when she was born but her lungs weren’t fully developed, it was a common occurrence and she was confident she would survive it, she was already counting the days until she was out of the incubator and in her arms only to be told that gruesome news.

She hadn’t felt empty then, with everything that she has been through she mostly felt emptiness but then, the type of pain she felt was excruciating.

Not wanting to recall any of that, she shook her head pulling herself from the painful memories, bringing herself back to the soft rustling of trees and scent of air.

“Peaceful, isn’t it?” she looked up at the voice, wondering how she didn’t hear the footsteps.

The mental debate she had for how to answer that was all but two seconds before she nodded, Fatimah Batool pointed at the other chair asking permission, Khadijah nodded although stiffly.

Just because she wasn’t shouting didn’t mean she was fine with everything, she understood each of their arguments. She felt for umma knowing firsthand what it meant to lose a child, however she had reacted to the loss exactly how you would expect from a woman who lost her child moments after finding out her husband has another family, what she couldn’t accept was her mother giving her up so easily.